F20 Mask elbow question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: F20 Mask elbow question

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 pm

Dencha wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 pm
Has anyone had problems with the new ResMed F20 exhalation Valve elbow? I just got a replacement mask and the elbow doesn’t allow ANY air out. My old one was fine, so I switched it out. Maddening. Does ResMed respond to problems like this and send replacement parts?
What do you mean by 'exhalation valve'?

There are no valves in any cpap mask for exhalation. The system is under constant pressure when in operation, valves would let all the air out, and be very noisy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:05 am

palerider wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 pm
Dencha wrote:
Has anyone had problems with the new ResMed F20 exhalation Valve elbow? I just got a replacement mask and the elbow doesn’t allow ANY air out. My old one was fine, so I switched it out. Maddening. Does ResMed respond to problems like this and send replacement parts?

There are no valves in any cpap mask for exhalation. The system is under constant pressure when in operation, valves would let all the air out, and be very noisy.
I think that Dencha is talking about the venting.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:42 am

Hannibal 2 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:05 am
palerider wrote:
Dencha wrote:

Honestly, with all due respect, I don't care what you 'think' Dencha is talking about, it's easy to *guess* what the person is talking about, knowing what they *should* be talking about, but what if you, or I, guess *wrong*, and give the wrong advice?

I don't like to "guess" at what people are talking about in order to offer up some sort of suggestion faster.

And, just for the record... I don't think he's talking about the normal venting.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:42 am
Hannibal 2 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Dencha wrote:

Honestly, with all due respect, I don't care what you 'think' Dencha is talking about, it's easy to *guess* what the person is talking about, knowing what they *should* be talking about, but what if you, or I, guess *wrong*, and give the wrong advice?

I don't like to "guess" at what people are talking about in order to offer up some sort of suggestion faster.

And, just for the record... I don't think he's talking about the normal venting.
Thanks for the 'all due respect', I wouldn't want to guess either, just assuming and awaiting clarification. I'm sure that 'she'll' expand on this so that you can advise.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:43 am

Hannibal 2 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:42 am
Hannibal 2 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Dencha wrote:

Thanks for the 'all due respect', I wouldn't want to guess either, just assuming and awaiting clarification. I'm sure that 'she'll' expand on this so that you can advise.
Or so anyone else can advise knowledgeably. I responded to you since you were telling me what you guessed the OP was talking about after I asked.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:55 pm

The new F20 elbow is the same as the F30 elbow. There is a baffle in front of the holes, and you cannot feel the vented air coming out of it. I tried the F30 mask and found the air venting from it to be very quiet, but cannot be felt by holding your hand in front of the mask as you can with the old style elbow.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

freetimecreations

Post by freetimecreations » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Like Okie bipap said,
ResMed's QuietAir™ vent technology for AirFit F20 and AirTouch F20 masks has a baffle in front of vent holes.

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:01 am

NadiaK wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:52 pm
How do you like the F20 otherwise? I am curious because I just ordered one.
I switched from an F10 to an AirTouch F20 3 weeks ago, and I love it. Almost NO noise at all,
little to no leakage, and soft enough to not leave marks.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll: