Finally back with an APAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tahera11979

Re: Finally back with an APAP

Post by Tahera11979 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:44 am

Hi all,

My apologies for not providing proper information.

I have under below mentioned link uploaded more information.

http://imgur.com/a/LUwF2

Kindly let me know if this is of help as he still snored and I am so tired again.

ajack

Post by ajack » Thu May 11, 2017 1:55 am

Going by the average, 13.3 and 90% 14.5. I would have 14 min and 18 max tonight. I would see if 14 stopped the snoring. or you could raise it to 13 and take it slower.
the other thing is if the chin is tucking to the chest or the head propped up on pillows. this will obstruct flow, a cheap foam neck brace can work well.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Thu May 11, 2017 2:32 am

Let the max pressure out to 20. This way we can see what levels might be reached. Looking at your latest data Ajack might be right in a 14 min pressure setting. Set the max to 20 and possibly provide some pressure release via A-Flex. Breathing back out against 14 can cause problems and the pressure relief can certainly help.

The snoring could also mean that he is a mouth breather and once he rolls on his back his mouth falls open - hence the snoring. Wearing a soft cervical collar is the way I got around this problem. Keep posting images. This is a long and variable process and this forum can certainly help with the journey.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:27 am

Hi Tahera,

How is he sleeping now? I know that you are feeling exhausted, but firstly do you think the therapy is working for him. Is he more rested in the mornings? Does he have more energy? Is he less sleepy during the day?

We can tell you to keep tweaking the settings but at some point this may start to disrupt his sleep and be be counter productive. So tell us a little more about how he is responding to treatment, if that is good then we can then look at other ways to stop the snoring so that you can sleep.

Ajack's suggestion of a soft cervical collar may be worth a shot, it works for many. Is he overweight? If so he may consider trying to lose a little weight long term to help with this and to benefit you.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 11, 2017 7:56 am

The overview graphs can't really tell us much about the snore issue.
We really need to see the daily detailed graphs to isolate the snores and when they happened and what the pressure was when they happened.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Tahera11979

Post by Tahera11979 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:49 am

Hi all,

Thank you so much for getting back with me.

He is not overweight however he has gained quiet a bit of weight recently (I am not sure of the conversion but at least 10 kg within a few months). He is more tired and moody than usual and even though I like to believe that it is not related to the Cpap it has started simultaneously. It could also be related to the extreme rise in heat here as it became very warm lately so it is hard to tell.

From looking at the charts, I can see that he does get sufficient sleep. Is there anyway to check whether the therapy works or not?

@Pugsy, would you mind telling me which charts are the best ones to read the results? I will make sure to then post the appropriate ones.

We have ended up putting the upper pressure to 20 and it seems to work better for him. I am surprised the hospital had initially set it to 8. Its a huge difference!

A-Flex is on 2. Is this ok?

Thanks again!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Tahera11979 wrote:@Pugsy, would you mind telling me which charts are the best ones to read the results? I will make sure to then post the appropriate ones.
Just meant that the overview summary charts weren't particularly useful in your situation when the main thing is snores anyway.

I still prefer the daily detailed charts myself.
Usual stuff on the left side and the 4 main graphs on the right side....Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak
If anything else is needed then I just ask for it.
Tahera11979 wrote:From looking at the charts, I can see that he does get sufficient sleep. Is there anyway to check whether the therapy works or not?
Tahera11979 wrote:We have ended up putting the upper pressure to 20 and it seems to work better for him. I am surprised the hospital had initially set it to 8. Its a huge difference!

A-Flex is on 2. Is this ok?
AFlex....use whatever he feels the most comfortable with. It's not a critical issue in terms of therapy.

Since we are mainly dealing with snores and their effect on you (causing you a lot of wake ups) and maybe causing him some wake ups then look mainly at the snores on the Events graph and also subjective thoughts about the snoring causing any sleep disturbances to you or your husband.
His AHI is low and was low at much lower pressures. We've been going down the "let's kill the snores" road because they were disturbing your sleep a lot and his to some extent.

A few snores here and there aren't that big of a deal UNLESS they disturb your sleep (because your sleep is important too) and his sleep.

Once you can say "I slept good last night because hubby didn't snore so much" then I think you are probably in a good situation in terms of his therapy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.