RG pantyhouse worked great!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gaggy

RG pantyhouse worked great!!

Post by gaggy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:33 am

I took RG advise on cutting a pantyhose leg and using it on my CL2. Last night was the first night I have used it all night and no leaks. That was amazing. I had put this mask up and thought it was hopeless. Not anymore. Only yesterday I had ordered nasal pillows to try in hopes that I could use this mask. I have the cushion now and it works fine. If you have not tried it, it's worth a shot.
Reading these posts from people that have been through all of this really helps. Thanks

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:38 am

Girl Power! Or if you prefer-Woman Power! It just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

arthuranxious

Post by arthuranxious » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:55 am

I am using the swift and sensed some leaking last night, does your pantyhose remedy present a possible way of handling it? I like the idea of no clasps sticking into me from the straps. My wife has volunteered any of her stock... do you have some instructions? Does size matter or is there enough elasticity for any size to work...

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:01 am

Here is a post of RG having a fling and doing a demo of the pantyhose-if it's long enough to go around your head and the mask and tie a knot-its long enough.
viewtopic.php?t=10171&highlight=pantyhose
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

gaggy

Post by gaggy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:36 am

I would love to see a picture of her with the CL2 and pantyhose. She is so smart. It is unbelievable how it works. Also I wold love to hear if she has any suggestions on the swift.

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:24 am

Did you try the URL/link-it is a great photo!

gaggy

Post by gaggy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:34 pm

Saw the picture. Thanks

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:42 pm

RG pantyhose worked great!!
I would have thought RG would have run out of pantyhose by now. LOL!

Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

justsharon

Post by justsharon » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:03 am

last night my nostrils were a little sore from my nasal pillows so I decided to use the simple mask and found I had a little leaking.....didn't seem to be snug enough against my face...... I remembered RG's idea, but didn't have any pantyhose, so I did this....

I took a wide stretchy headband ( use it when washing my face ) pulled it over my head and let it hang around my neck like a necklace. I put my headgear and mask on, then pulled the headband back up over the mask and behind my head. It held my mask snug all night and was pretty comfortable.

Thanks RG for the idea.

Sharon