got my snugglehose yesterday!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kavanaugh1950

got my snugglehose yesterday!

Post by kavanaugh1950 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:17 pm

hi, I got my snugglehose yesterday and I love it! I ordered it last week, the service was great, those hose is a pretty cat print and easy to put on. It kept the air in the tube warmer and when I rolled over during the night my arm hit a nice,soft,snuggly hose cover instead of cold,hard plastic. I notice it really cut down on the noise of the hose moving accross the top of the headboard. Try it, you'll like it. pat

gaggy

Post by gaggy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:35 pm

Got mine last week. Sure am glad before it turns real cold. That hose gets cold....

Offerocker

Post by Offerocker » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:00 pm

FLEECE IS A GOOD INSULATOR!

Respironics Auto C-Flex, HC-150, Activa, CL2 Simple Cushion, ComfortSleeve, Saline Snorter.

gecko1977a

Post by gecko1977a » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:43 am

i bought some fleece material and it is kinda thin, even doubled up. Would putting poly-fil (what they put in stuffed animals) give some better insulation?

Offerocker

Post by Offerocker » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:55 am

HI -
There are several weights of fleece out there.

I've found that the 'patterned' ones are of much lighter weight.

If you look for the one that's advertised as 'Pill-resistant', it will be heavier - and more expensive, but worth it.

You could also look for Polar Fleece.
A GOOD fabri store is just as important.

Doubling the material I use ends up in a stiff cover. If you double your material, test it out first - play with the material. You may get by with it, since it's thinner!
With what I use, I'd have to have the 'outer' layer larger than the inner, due to the room it takes up.

You could always try sandwiching it, quilt-style, and machine stitch a pattern before making the 'tube'.

...just some ideas for you....have fun, and I wish you success.

Respironics Auto C-Flex, HC-150, Activa, CL2 Simple Cushion, ComfortSleeve, Saline Snorter.

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm

Well a funny thing happened
Doubling the fleece helped. I had some thinsulate, a reflective sleeping bag liner, some ripstop nylon, and fleece. Thought if the double works -a super insulated one shoud get me through the winter. So layered the nylon liner, thinsulate (bonded polyfill stuff),reflective layer then fleece. I made it a large diameter so I could turn it right side out when I was done. That night I had enough rainout to take a shower (that's an exageration).
The problem was there was so much material-the heat from the humidifier never warmed it up.
The solution coil it-with hose inserted-up on a heating pad under the blankets where you will be sleeping. When you're ready to go to bed your spot will be warm and your CPAP tubing prewarmed.

I think Malden Mills makes the good quality heavy duty fleece Offerocker is talking about (and sells online)

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

ColoradoDreamer

Post by ColoradoDreamer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:00 pm

I started on CPAP 9 days ago and if that wasn’t enough, I was having to deal with rainout. DME said to set humidity at 3 and I was up two times a night emptying the hose. Finally set it to 2 and only had to get up once per night. Ended up at level 1 but needed the higher humidity. This weekend I went to Wally World and purchased a foot of fleece (6 ft long), about 1/8 thick, and some cloth type zip ties for each end. I was feeling brave so on Saturday evening I cranked the humidity up to 3. Not a drop of water came out of the hose! Same thing this morning. I am sold on it and it was cheap, less than $3. I could have gotten 2 hose covers for the same price if I was paying attention to cutting the material.