I'm back!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:21 pm

Kapow4000 wrote:My machine did not come with software. Do you specifically have to ask for it? i would like to know my stats also.
You have to buy the software and reader, however your machine doesn't support the useful collection of data. It has compliance data only. So the software is not useful in your case. You would have to get a higher end machine. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:41 pm

Well the tech that called me tonight told me that there is no information that I would need or find usefull in a more advanced machine. She told me that the machines would not tell me for instance is my breathing had stoped. The only way I would find information such as that is that if I was to return to the sleep lab.

Going to find out a little more about the infomation that the machines give you... if anyone wants to point me to a direction feel free. In the meantime I thought of a responce. If they would not give me any more usefull infomation then there should be no problem with me geting a more advanced machine right:)

snoregirl

Post by snoregirl » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:54 pm

How about why do they make machines that collect data if it is not useful to someone?

They are giving you the run around. Treating you like a child. I would consider washing my hands of this DME before you pay them too many months of copays and it is harder to get another DME to take you.

But then again I have said that before I believe.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:02 pm

Tell them you need to monitor your AHI and AI events and that you will find a more advanced DME service if they do not understand.

best of luck ... and keep at it!

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:05 am

I believe yesterday was from the sleep lab. The techs that are frrom the doctors office I went to.

ThunderSnorem

Post by ThunderSnorem » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:Well the tech that called me tonight told me that there is no information that I would need or find usefull in a more advanced machine. She told me that the machines would not tell me for instance is my breathing had stoped. The only way I would find information such as that is that if I was to return to the sleep lab.

Going to find out a little more about the infomation that the machines give you... if anyone wants to point me to a direction feel free. In the meantime I thought of a responce. If they would not give me any more usefull infomation then there should be no problem with me geting a more advanced machine right:)
Oh my!!!!!!!! What baloney!

I have the Resmed s8 Elite. It tells me the 90% average pressure I ran at during the night, the leak rate, the nightly AHI events, nightly AI events, and nightly HI events. It also tells hours:minutes used.

Until I figured out how to review this info, I was blind as to whether or not my therapy was working. Sure, I felt better, but didn't know exactly how I was doing. Now I jot down the results each morning. Without these results, how can your DR eventually know how you are doing? I simply don't understand how ANY machine can be built without this capability. I know it is marketing/money related, but machines without this ability just don't make sense.

I don't have the software/card reader, but with it you can review the time each night that each event occurred. Just more detail.

If it were me, a new DME would be in order.
John

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:46 pm

Well, having a machine without data capabilities might not be something to stress out about if your prescricpton is correct, mask fitted properly, and you have no problems adapting to CPAP.

I just got an S8 Compact after using the same machine (a REMstar Choice) for 14 years. My old one still works, but is so large it won't fit on my night stand. It came with a remote control, but no data capability except for a total time used meter (425386.4 hours). Even the pressure setting was an internal, unmarked, analog screwdriver slot.

I been back to the sleep lab a few times over the years, and have also done in-home pulse oximeterity (I know I spelt that wrong) which is cheaper than a sleep study. This has been the first change in pressure. I've gone through 4 generations of masks, 3 generations of headgear and reached the point hate sleeping without the CPAP. (I wake up when power fails!)

On the other hand, the sleep lab has found other sleep problems besides OSA, like no Stage IV sleep, which would not show up on the most advanced CPAP machines.

So by all means see if your insurance company will shell out some for one of the more advanced machines, which have features besides data collection, like EPR mode, that could be important to you[/img]

DME

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:22 pm

Yesterday just when I was filling out the information for the cpap.com website my wife told me that the DME called. Aparently they have 'another' perscription that was just called in from the doctors office. Wonder what it is......

michael_schaap

Post by michael_schaap » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Dont know why I keep posting as 'guest' grrr....