Pining for the good old days...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Pining for the good old days...

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm

You know, when there was something worth reading on cpaptalk... :sigh:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Pining for the good old days...

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:13 pm

I get a lot of that too.
See ya at the safe place you told me about.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I get a lot of that too.
See ya at the safe place you told me about.
I don't know how *safe* it is, but the signal to noise ratio is hugely better

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 pm

O.K. Message received, I will leave xxyzx alone
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Thought disorder

Post by Thought disorder » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm

What! You don't enjoy alphabet boy and his word salad?

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:49 pm

And I suppose that Palerider thinks he did a marvelous thing by starting yet another thread that's just going to add more fuel to the fire.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

AMK

Post by AMK » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Lucyhere wrote:And I suppose that Palerider thinks he did a marvelous thing by starting yet another thread that's just going to add more fuel to the fire.
If the newly exhumed Duke it out thread is a year old, and it is, then the fire needs no fuel. It's one of those magic fires that burns forever.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:08 pm

AMK wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:And I suppose that Palerider thinks he did a marvelous thing by starting yet another thread that's just going to add more fuel to the fire.
If the newly exhumed Duke it out thread is a year old, and it is, then the fire needs no fuel. It's one of those magic fires that burns forever.
More like burning tires and plastic. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:53 pm

AMK wrote:
a troll wrote:And I suppose that Palerider thinks he did a marvelous thing by starting yet another thread that's just going to add more fuel to the fire.
Ya know, AMK, some trolls can't understand the difference in "fueling the fire" and "wishing there weren't so many". :sigh:

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:08 am

PR,

You need to look in the mirror about starting flame wars before you start getting on anyone else for doing it. Contrast that with Morbius who when confronted with the same issues, admitted to the person who made the point that she was right.

I am sure you will respond by calling me a troll but if you do, that is more of a reflection on you.

49er

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 am

I started at the freecpapadvice forum, but left because of diamaunt's condescending attitude. Sure, there were nuggets of good information there, but too often it was delivered in a mean-spirited way. I am not the only PAPer who left that forum. I enjoyed this forum at first, but the flame wars and condescending attitudes of several members make it an unpleasant experience. When I realized that diamaunt and palerider are the same person, it made me question whether it's worth staying here. People who come here for help should not be put down, and they shouldn't have to wade through the muck to find an answer. I will also be called a troll, but I've decided coming here is a waste of time.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:I started at the freecpapadvice forum, but left because of diamaunt's condescending attitude. Sure, there were nuggets of good information there, but too often it was delivered in a mean-spirited way. I am not the only PAPer who left that forum. I enjoyed this forum at first, but the flame wars and condescending attitudes of several members make it an unpleasant experience. When I realized that diamaunt and palerider are the same person, it made me question whether it's worth staying here. People who come here for help should not be put down, and they shouldn't have to wade through the muck to find an answer. I will also be called a troll, but I've decided coming here is a waste of time.
Bertha, you are quite astute. I've been here for many years and never tied the two together. I'm guessing many people knew that... I just wasn't one of them.

I sure hope you don't leave! I stay so that if I see a post that is condescending or intimidating, at least I can warn the member (usually a new member) here or in a PM. I seldom tell people how I think they should manage their therapy. That's not something I feel comfortable doing. Fortunately, there are good people who do feel comfortable and do it better than many doctors. I do think there are more sincere people than people who give out misleading or incorrect information, or simply enjoy starting trouble (flame wars) for the fun of it.

I hope you'll reconsider.
Bleep/P10

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Bertha deBlues wrote:I started at the freecpapadvice forum, but left because of diamaunt's condescending attitude. Sure, there were nuggets of good information there, but too often it was delivered in a mean-spirited way. I am not the only PAPer who left that forum. I enjoyed this forum at first, but the flame wars and condescending attitudes of several members make it an unpleasant experience. When I realized that diamaunt and palerider are the same person, it made me question whether it's worth staying here. People who come here for help should not be put down, and they shouldn't have to wade through the muck to find an answer. I will also be called a troll, but I've decided coming here is a waste of time.
Bertha, you are quite astute. I've been here for many years and never tied the two together. I'm guessing many people knew that... I just wasn't one of them.

I sure hope you don't leave! I stay so that if I see a post that is condescending or intimidating, at least I can warn the member (usually a new member) here or in a PM. I seldom tell people how I think they should manage their therapy. That's not something I feel comfortable doing. Fortunately, there are good people who do feel comfortable and do it better than many doctors. I do think there are more sincere people than people who give out misleading or incorrect information, or simply enjoy starting trouble (flame wars) for the fun of it.

I hope you'll reconsider.

~~~ + ~~~

Also, posting in a thread by Palerider re: PINING for the good old days ... is a MUST!

Lucy, what if he called / renamed you 'naughty trolldoll?'
That would be cute (ish?) Maybe he will rename me?
I think I may just be listed as plain ignore? (can't blame him ...sometimes wish *I* could just ignore 'me')

Condescending is unforgivable in one with NO nuggets ...
...but you said (and *I* know for sure) palerider has nuggets?

Now THAT is ~~~fire~~~ to pine for ...
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Ipine for when money had some worth, McDee's Fries, hamburger, milk and shake $ .45. It was fast food really fast. Even got your order correct.

Downside, I was making $ .50 per hour as a Car Hop..... Better World Better life. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 am

xxyzx wrote:palerider has a number of aliases here that he uses to try to make it look like more people agree with what he does

Do you have any evidence of this? If he has aliases, who are they?
Bleep/P10