Back to square one

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Taheerah

Back to square one

Post by Taheerah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am

Dear all,

I have had troubles logging in with my initial account hence I have created a new profile.

I am a spouse of a CPAP user and having gone through the first year of adjustment everything seemed great till 1 week ago. My husband has started having this terrible vibratory snore again and I haven't slept in days. He is still wearing the neck brace (which thanks to you all was our savior a few months back) and since his nose is blocked he used nose spray as well. The settings are still the same with 12- 20 and nothing has really changed.

Is there any advise you could give us as I am so anxious that we will go back to square one.

Thank you in advance for the advise.

Julie

Re: Back to square one

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:24 am

Has he gained even a little bit (5-10) of weight - that can actually make a diff. to many people.

Is he having seasonal allergies (everything this year's late!) that he otherwise might have had only 1-2 mos earlier in the past?

And FYI - it's not a 'neck brace' but a soft cervical collar. The other would be what is used by ambulance drivers following an accident!

Taheerah

Post by Taheerah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 am

Thank you for the comments and advice. I meant cervical collar of course..

Yes, he actually has gained a bit of weight, which is another point I wanted to raise. This has happened since he has started using the CPAP machine. Do you have any advise on the reasons as I am really worried about his health.

Another thing that has changed is that we were outdoors more and he has also traveled quiet a bit with work lately, so it might as well be a cold or allergies since his nose his fairly blocked.

We are trying to avoid separate bedrooms as in the past it really affected us negatively. Currently I am the one who is 'bed hopping' but I really hope that this is not long term.

Would putting up the minimum pressure make any difference?

I will try and post the charts as soon as I can.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 am

If he's using the humidifier at a higher (e.g 3) setting, or even just using it at all if you are in a relatively humid (not hot necessarily) area, he might try turning it down or even off (haven't used mine in yrs because of the climate except on dry cold days when central heat's blasting) as it can cause cold symptoms and isn't needed as 'treatment' itself.

Some people gain a little weight at first because their metabolism and/or energy levels change... sometimes just sleeping fewer hrs gives more hrs to eat in!

What are his settings now?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am

Yes, more minimum pressure is usually what is advised when there are too many snores going on that are real snores and if you are hearing them...they are most likely real.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 am

Raising the minimum pressure may help with the snoring. When I was doing a lot of travel on business, I had a very hard time trying to control my weight. When I ate at restaurants all of the time, it is hard to really control how much I ate. The portion size was larger than I would have eaten at home, but the food was good.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Taheerah

Post by Taheerah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:29 pm

The snores are certainly real and they kept me awake again all night. Sighhhh

We have checked and the humidifier is not in use. The minimum pressure is already set on maximum which is 12 and the maximum pressure is 20. Unfortunately it is not possible to raise the minimum pressure.

Is there anything else we can do? Could you recommend any nose spray that has worked for you? We are using Xylo Comod, I am not sure if it is the same in the US.

In terms of the travelling, that could as well be the issue I agree as my dh is usually not a big eater but when he's away for business he eats more and most probably it is not as healthy as we would cook at home.

I appreciate all your support!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm

You should be able to increase the minimum above 12 if that is what is needed. If you don't have the clinical manual that tells you how to adjust your settings and a lot of other info. Here is a link where they will email you one. Scroll down to section three and follow their instructions. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
On that same link in section one there are brief instructions on how to get into the clinical menu. When you go there write down all of the settings.
You said earlier that you were going to post charts. Are you using Sleepyhead? It would be helpful if we could see the screenshot when you get the chance. If you need help doing that ask.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Taheerah

Post by Taheerah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi there and thank you very much! I didn't know that we could increase the minimum pressure. It seems blocked on my dh's devise. Will have a read through the manual later on, thank you for that!

I will try and post the chart later on today or latest on the weekend. It has been a while that I have uploaded the information so i may ask you for support in the end.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

The machine you have a picture of is the Dreamstation Pro which has a fixed pressure and not a minimum and maximum. Double check which machine you have and the settings. If you need help this site might help you. https://sleep.tnet.com/cmd
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Taheerah

Post by Taheerah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:43 am

Oh thanks a lot. I have updated it. It is a Dream Station Auto CPAP.
We have checked again and can't increase the minimum to more than 12.

I have just received the manual so will read through it too to see if there is any trick to increase the minimum pressure.
Last night has been the same, even though he has used nose spray hence I tried and sleep in another room and feeling super groggy today.

Does anyone by any chance have the same devise and know how to increase the minimum pressure above 12?

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 am

You need the clinician manual from Apneaboard... not just the one that came with the machine.

Taheerah

Post by Taheerah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:04 am

Hi Julie, I have received the manual from Apneaboard today and the only information I can find is the following:

Min Pressure: This screen allows you to modify the Auto minimum pressure setting. You can adjust
this setting from 4 cm H2O to the Auto maximum pressure setting. This setting only
displays if Auto-CPAP mode is enabled or if the Auto-Trial feature is available and
enabled.

It doesn't say how to do it nor what the maximum/ minimum pressure is.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am

Maybe a new thread asking specifics about how to change pressures on your particular model would be an idea.. I'm sorry I'm unfamiliar with it but I'm sure the info is out there.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 am

Taheerah wrote:Hi Julie, I have received the manual from Apneaboard today and the only information I can find is the following:

Min Pressure: This screen allows you to modify the Auto minimum pressure setting. You can adjust
this setting from 4 cm H2O to the Auto maximum pressure setting. This setting only
displays if Auto-CPAP mode is enabled or if the Auto-Trial feature is available and
enabled.

It doesn't say how to do it nor what the maximum/ minimum pressure is.
You need to get it in "Provider Mode" and the manual does specify how to do that.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS