Airsense 10 Cellular Modem Question,...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mark55

Airsense 10 Cellular Modem Question,...

Post by Mark55 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Just wondering what happens to the info sent by a 'cash purchased' machine? When you have no DME provider, or sleep doctor, who gets this automatically beamed out info if you choose to not keep the machine in airplane mode, or otherwise disconnect said modem?

I assume ResMed gets it so that their MyAir app can make use of it, but who else gets it? No tin-foil hat,....just curious.

LoBattery

Re: Airsense 10 Cellular Modem Question,...

Post by LoBattery » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Remember the Canadian company that was gathering data from a smart phone "connected" vibrator? The same thing, data. My "DME like person" reset my machine so I could log into Resmed and create an account, not possible unless the person you bought it from gives you their email address and password.
Seeing and believing are often both wrong. FOW

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm

The information may be "out there", but unless it is linked to you,
and someone is paid to collect and use it, it is static in the ether--of interest to no one.
You are welcome to place a loose foil tent over your machine if it amuses you.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 pm

The information is tracked by machine serial number, not user name. If you sign up for My Air, it will ask for your machine serial number in order to link the machine information back to you.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:41 pm

The machine is new with zero run hours, and is not registered to another person as far as I know. I already changed the serial number in the MyAir account I signed up for with the first one, and got no warning that it had been previously registered. I know it goes to ResMed, but my question is really who else gets it?

With the previous machine, Crapria obviously got the info, as they were checking compliance for insurance purposes. Do they get that from ResMed, or get it directly over cellular network?

I haven't used the machine yet, so I don't know what it will do in terms of the MyAir app. I don't use that anyway.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Mark55 wrote:I assume ResMed gets it so that their MyAir app can make use of it, but who else gets it? No tin-foil hat,....just curious.
It's connected to the resmed 'cloud', then your doctor or DME can pull data from there.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:55 pm

palerider wrote:
Mark55 wrote:I assume ResMed gets it so that their MyAir app can make use of it, but who else gets it? No tin-foil hat,....just curious.
It's connected to the resmed 'cloud', then your doctor or DME can pull data from there.
Thank you! That's pretty much the system I imagined was used.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Mark55 wrote:
palerider wrote:
Thank you! That's pretty much the system I imagined was used.
Basically, it just has a unique ID in the cloud, probably the serial number, so anybody with an account on their cloud system (doctor/dme) that has your serial number, can pull your data. (or I suppose someone could pull it at random, but they wouldn't know who you were).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.