Dreamstation + Airfit 20

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Btoeps74

Dreamstation + Airfit 20

Post by Btoeps74 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 am

I recently switched from the Resmed Quattro FX mask to the Airfit. I really like the new mask but am having issues trying to dial it in with the new Dreamstation. To start with, the F20, It won't auto start when I put the mask on, but it will with the older mask. Also with the older mask, I feel a more distinct breathing rhythm whereas with the F20 the pressure is there but not as distinct. To better describe:
Quattro FX: Crisp inhale and exhale. I like my minimum pressure around 9-10 and with this mask it feels like 9-10 exactly.

Airfit: With the same settings, the pressure doesn't feel the same as with the older mask. Although not as distinct as the FX, I know it's pushing air, but the exhale isn't as noticeable.

The only thing I can think of is that considering the Airfit is a much bigger mask that maybe the same amount of pressure feels different? Or maybe I'm missing something in the settings. I played around with the flex settings which to be honest, didn't really notice any substantial changes.

Hopefully someone can help as I really do like the F20 over the Quattro FX.

Pugsy

Re: Dreamstation + Airfit 20

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:34 am

The machine is going to be cranking out X amount of pressure no matter which mask is used but that pressure can "feel" different between different masks.

The Auto On feature can be a bit tricky sometimes depending on how forcefully someone breathes or doesn't breathe with some masks.
Try putting your finger over the vent hole briefly to force the machine to sense a bigger change and see if that helps the machine to kick on.
Also make sure the Anti-Asphyxia Valve is working properly.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Btoeps74

Re: Dreamstation + Airfit 20

Post by Btoeps74 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 am

Pugsy wrote:The machine is going to be cranking out X amount of pressure no matter which mask is used but that pressure can "feel" different between different masks.

The Auto On feature can be a bit tricky sometimes depending on how forcefully someone breathes or doesn't breathe with some masks.
Try putting your finger over the vent hole briefly to force the machine to sense a bigger change and see if that helps the machine to kick on.
Also make sure the Anti-Asphyxia Valve is working properly.
Thanks for the reply. I did mention the perceived pressure. I wonder if I should just turn the pressure up a bit more as I have been congested lately. I will check the valve tonight when home. I do hear it close abruptly on occasion.