Audio recording of snoring

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Josiah

Audio recording of snoring

Post by Josiah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:23 am

I want to make an audio recording of my sleep (6 hours) on my Ipad but none of the apps seem to record for that length of time and many are voice activated anyway. Has anyone done this without a stand alone recorder?
Josiah

Gryphon

Re: Audio recording of snoring

Post by Gryphon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 am

What are you using to record? If your using a computer you can download "Audacity" for free I think. Even if your computer is older IE: running 32bit OS you should still be able to record at least 13.5 hours with out stopping. Though from what I read on audacity it stores it's sample files in 64bit values so you may not have any limit on recording duration at all provided you have enough disk space on your computer to hold the recording.

Let us know more about your recording setup. Maybe able to make some recommendations or brainstorm some ideas.

Good luck!

Gryphon

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 am

Gryphon wrote:What are you using to record? If your using a computer you can download "Audacity" for free I think. Even if your computer is older IE: running 32bit OS you should still be able to record at least 13.5 hours with out stopping. Though from what I read on audacity it stores it's sample files in 64bit values so you may not have any limit on recording duration at all provided you have enough disk space on your computer to hold the recording.

Let us know more about your recording setup. Maybe able to make some recommendations or brainstorm some ideas.

Good luck!

Gryphon
Thanks, I have an Ipad and I will research Audacity for Ipad.
Josiah

Btoeps74

Post by Btoeps74 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

On my phone I use an app called sleep talk. It's actually meant to record talking in your sleep, but works just as well for your purposes. It doesn't record continuously, just when it detects noises. Works really well. I've had it for a few years now so can't remember if it's a free app or not. I showed my ENT it and he seemed really interested in it.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Interesting, I've been wanting to test my daughter. I had centrals, and I also feel so different after getting therapy that I feel like I may have had this my entire life. So I feel like there may be some genetic component. I suspect my daughter, because she's forgetfull and non-hyperactive 'ADD' like I was as a kid. This may be a good way to find out if anything obvious shows up. THanks for the tip on sleep talk.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Audio recordings have been used to help convince an unwilling doctor to order a sleep test.
I played a recording of the bullfrog gasping after a long silence to get the doctor moving.

Woody

Post by Woody » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Eleven years ago I saw a special on TV about OSA and it prompted me to record the sounds when I sleep.
I used an old tape recorder and just recorded about 1/2 hr of my sleep. I found I didn't snore at all
there were just periods of silence and a lot of gasping ! It scared me so much I made a DR. apointment
th enext day !

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm

I've used snore lab app for Android