Respironics HH recall

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tmaiberger

Respironics HH recall

Post by tmaiberger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:59 am

My neighbor has a "classic" Resp bi-level. Last night he showed me a medical device recall notice he just received (it was dated late Oct 2006) regarding the power connection involving the HH and a recall. If necessary, I can get the serial numbers of the recalled HHs from him and post. Just thought I would let people know. If this is old news, I apologize for posting old information.

TM

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:09 am

Not a problem.
I think the information you're referring to or wondering about is in this thread from awhile back.

viewtopic.php?t=15008

Best wishes,

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:59 am

That was it.

TM

jules

Post by jules » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:33 am

We had a guest in the chat from Canada night before last who had gotten a letter.

I did a google search for respironics humidifier recall and found a couple of statements at some health news sites.

"However, the company also said it expects to conduct a limited, voluntary product recall of a heated humidifier device, ... As for the recall, Respironics said it is in discussions with the Food and Drug Administration and expects about $5 million in costs for the recall of about 172,000 humidifiers produced three to five years ago."

I found links to alleged serial numbers for UK and Oz in my search.

Fredman

Post by Fredman » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:42 pm

My brother-in-law is also a CPAP user and received a letter recalling his humidifier. We live in Canada. I have checked the Respironics US page and there is no mention of the voluntary recall.

I did find another fourm on another web page with a post listing some serial numbers and found that my serial number was listed. I have not received a letter.

Anyone know why this recall information seems so inconsistent? I am wondering if my original Service Provider registered my equipment?

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:46 pm

[quote="Fredman"]My brother-in-law is also a CPAP user and received a letter recalling his humidifier. We live in Canada. I have checked the Respironics US page and there is no mention of the voluntary recall.

I did find another fourm on another web page with a post listing some serial numbers and found that my serial number was listed. I have not received a letter.

Anyone know why this recall information seems so inconsistent? I am wondering if my original Service Provider registered my equipment?

Fredman

HH Recall

Post by Fredman » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:28 pm

Thanks Snoredog! I have just registered my CPAP and Humidifier.