Dreamstation software error?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrcrayola

Dreamstation software error?

Post by mrcrayola » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

So I am a little more than a month in the "club." I have a Dreamstation and use the Dreammapper app. Last night, I started my ramp and laid there and laid there and laid there. No sleepy. No way I could fall asleep with the pappy at 11, so I smacked the ramp a second time. Twenty-five minutes later, still no sleepy. Ah, I'll do some reading, I think. Maybe that will lower the lids. Just out of curiosity, I check my machine's AHI. 65!! Yet I was never asleep. I switched on the phone to check Dreammapper - 67.2 (hey, I'm not a math wiz, either, so what can I say). The break down: 37 CA apneas, 21 obstructive apneas, and 7 hypopneas. How is this possible?! My impression is that the machine software ultimately gives you an average based on the duration of the time you spend in "therapy." If that's correct, and I got an AHI of 65 while awake, it seems to me that would totally skewer my average for last night, i.e., a false reading. Perhaps that explains why I have only been able to get my AHI in the single digits twice in a month of usage? Thoughts? Anyone else notice this?

Cheers!

MrCrayola (a colorful guy)
Just an average joe on his way from here to there...

TedVPAP

Re: Dreamstation software error?

Post by TedVPAP » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 pm

mrcrayola wrote:So I am a little more than a month in the "club." I have a Dreamstation and use the Dreammapper app. Last night, I started my ramp and laid there and laid there and laid there. No sleepy. No way I could fall asleep with the pappy at 11, so I smacked the ramp a second time. Twenty-five minutes later, still no sleepy. Ah, I'll do some reading, I think. Maybe that will lower the lids. Just out of curiosity, I check my machine's AHI. 65!! Yet I was never asleep. I switched on the phone to check Dreammapper - 67.2 (hey, I'm not a math wiz, either, so what can I say). The break down: 37 CA apneas, 21 obstructive apneas, and 7 hypopneas. How is this possible?! My impression is that the machine software ultimately gives you an average based on the duration of the time you spend in "therapy." If that's correct, and I got an AHI of 65 while awake, it seems to me that would totally skewer my average for last night, i.e., a false reading. Perhaps that explains why I have only been able to get my AHI in the single digits twice in a month of usage? Thoughts? Anyone else notice this?

Cheers!

MrCrayola (a colorful guy)
The machine does not know if you are actually asleep so it sees all breathing irregularities as OSA. Awake breathing is highly irregular. That is why it is important to review your data using sleepyhead so you can ignore events which occurred when you were not asleep.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/

mrcrayola

Post by mrcrayola » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks, Ted. I'd love to try that software but, alas, the mirror site downloads two files. The .exe version isn't a valid Win32 file, and I have no idea what to do with a .part file. So I tried to delete the downloads and try again, including as administrator, but it says I lack the necessary permission to delete it. Fishy file.

Thanks,

MC

SnoringInOregon

Post by SnoringInOregon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:42 am

mrcrayola wrote:Fishy file.
IIRC I downloaded SleepyHead from the tnet.com link and it worked fine for me on a Mac. I can't help with Windoze problems.

You can always try a download straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Jedimark is the author of SleepyHead. His site has download links: https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

You need to figure out why they are not installing properly. It's next to impossible to help you without the SleepyHead graphs. So you really need to try to get that going.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:21 am

The Windows version of SleepyHead works fine on my Windows 10 and Windows 8 and Windows 7 computers. All are 64 bit computers.
Didn't have to do anything special with the download and I probably got it from the USA link since I am in the US.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 pm

A .part file means the download did not complete properly try your download again

mrcrayola

Post by mrcrayola » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Okay, for the record, I managed to delete the initial download off of my computer and tried a second download of the install file from the site referenced above. Again, it split it into two files: one an .exe and one .exe.part. I then deleted the 0-byte .exe file and the 'part' file automatically converted into the executable install file. Very curious. Never seen this happen before. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation and all the responses. Let's see where this goes.

Meanwhile, my AHI last night was 8. I'll take it! Granted, that requires re-channeling the jet stream through my full mask. Sigh...

Cheers,

MC