Fixed My Mask - Any opinions on the data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KC1977

Fixed My Mask - Any opinions on the data

Post by KC1977 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Folks,

So I realised my 1 week old mask the membrane around the edge was torn and that's why I was getting leaks around my eyes - I got a new one and didn't feel any air around my eyes etc and had a much more comfortable night. I didn't wake up at all and didn't need to press the ramp button.

This is the data. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Additional Comments: [Ramp -> starting at 4 which can rise to 20]

Pugsy

Re: Fixed My Mask - Any opinions on the data

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 am

Looking good to me.
A few (but not horrible number and no OAs with them) FLs going on but as long as you are sleeping good and feeling good then I wouldn't be changing a thing if it were me.

I would ignore the snores at the very beginning of the night. They may or may not even be real and you may or may not even have been asleep at that time. Looks like they happened when the machine was moving up to where it pretty much seems to want to stay for the bulk of the night at around 15 or 16. You could maybe give it a little more head start by changing the 10 minimum to maybe 12 but it doesn't take long for it to increase and 12 might not be comfortable. It's not an urgent thing since once it goes up it doesn't seem to drop back down. Now if we saw 2 hours of those snores instead of 20 minutes we might want to be a bit more aggressive with that minimum pressure.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jasba64

Re: Fixed My Mask - Any opinions on the data

Post by Jasba64 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:24 pm

I would probably tighten up the range a little. Based on this data, you immediately went to 13. May 13 to 20 would be more like it.