VA CPAP supply replacement schedule?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
USMCVet

VA CPAP supply replacement schedule?

Post by USMCVet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:01 am

Anyone have a clue what it is? My cushion has started to lose it's seal . My paperwork only says that I can get a new mask, tubing, and filter every 6 months.

I get my supplies through the prosthetics department. I did just call them and asked. I was told "I'm just a purchasing agent I don't know". So I said "I want more cushions please". He then said he didn't even know what mask I was using. So I told him, but seriously sounded like I was a huge inconvenience and he had no idea what to do.

Pugsy

Re: VA CPAP supply replacement schedule?

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:18 am

I am pretty sure that they will use the Medicare replacement schedule.
You should be able to get a new cushion now.
Now whether your local office keeps a wide stock of available inventory for replacement parts...that might be another story.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. In order to get my supplies I have to call and they just ship them to me. I can already feel the silicone getting flappier (technical term lol) and starting to hear more leaks.
I'm just disappointed I can't call the people who give it to me and get the answer.

OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:11 pm

They try to supply as few as they can. The schedules are based on average usage of 4hrs a night. My tech was surprised to see mine is 8-9 hrs as I have chronic insomnia and it takes that long for 7 hrs sleep. With his support I get 1 full face a myth vs 1 per quarter. Point is they have a guide but will personalize if needed. I love my VA and they take good care of me (mostly).
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Thanks for your reply! I think I'm averaging about 8 hrs myself as well. I'm thinking of trying to be proactive and see if they will try and start a program of automatically sending supplies to those that meet strict compliance. Shulkin did say they should be trying to incentivize veterans to get better.
Honestly I don't think it will work but I'll at least bring it up.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

I just thought I would update for those in future. I just had to replacement cushions sent to me . Looks like they follow Medicare schedule.
They sent wrong size though so I emailed them back asking if I can exchange.