Air sense 10 has lost its mind

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
QueSera

Air sense 10 has lost its mind

Post by QueSera » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 am

It's always something.

I had my ASV titration study three nights ago; the technician tried me on 2 FF makes before settling on good old Dreamwear. The first 2 masks leaked a lot, and I was aware of every breath, in and out, and that they were not in sync with my own breathing rythym.

Next night at home, I used a Swift FX Nano at bedtime, same mask i've been using for a month, no problems.

Last night, I connected my Dreamwear, put it on and it auto-started, but it began to blow in short bursts, not the steady pressure i've always had, as if the machine had a mind of its own and was trying something new. Just brief puffs, with nothing in between, no consistent rythym. I felt light-headed immediately and turned it off. Tried the nasal mask again, same thing. I changed the mask settings as needed, and no other settings have been changed.

I ended up sleeping without PAP, which made me uneasy. I'll set up my travel machine tonight, but has anyone ever heard of this? I hope to get my ASV in the next few weeks, so I guess I can manage til then, but has this weird pulsing of the air pressure happened to anyone else? Thoughts?
It's always something. Roseanne RoseannaDanna
I was a victim of a series of circumstances, as are we all. Malachi Constant

Mikebear

Re: Air sense 10 has lost its mind

Post by Mikebear » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:40 am

Try unplugging the power brick on the Airsense 10 from the back of the unit, and leave it unplugged for a couple minutes. Then plug it back in and see if it reset itself.

QueSera

Post by QueSera » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am

That really should have worked. It didn’t. This morning I restored the default settings, then put my pressure settings back in, and auto start and EPR, but left everything else at default. Still didn’t help.

I did manage to find the power cord for my travel machine (still packed from last week’s trip), so I should have something for tonight, at least. I’ve slept with NoPAP for the last few nights; said a quick hope-I-don’t-die while nodding off, and so far so good. Sleeping without PAP is pretty scary at this point.

Here’s hoping that the government shut-down doesn’t affect getting my new machine. Looks like I need to make a phone call or two.
It's always something. Roseanne RoseannaDanna
I was a victim of a series of circumstances, as are we all. Malachi Constant

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 am

Disconnect the mask & tubing from the machine and plug the outlet. If it still pulsing there may be a problem with the machine. It could just be moisture and will dry after a while. Put it on during the day and run it a while, it might clear up. Usually pulsing caused by the machine (not the tubing) is the sensors out of cal