Don't know how good my DME is

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

Don't know how good my DME is

Post by D.H. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 am

This is a bit of a situation. I don't know if they didn't follow up because they are lackadaisical, or if they didn't follow up because my numbers are good! I'm hoping it's the latter, as that shows good organization. It would mean that they're spending their resources where they are needed; on problem patients!

Since I generally average seven to eight hours of nightly usage, have a mask fit in the high 90's, and an AHI generally under 1, there's not a whole lot to discuss. Most of what I hear from them is to send replacement items.

Cardsfan

Re: Don't know how good my DME is

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:56 am

since the squeaky wheels gets the oil, I bet they haven't even looked at your data, if you haven't contact them first. Why did you even expect them to monitor your results? My DME doesn't look at my data.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Why would they care if they are still being paid! I know how good my DME is, better than some, worse than others. The Doctor sees me, and I tell him what I do. He smiles and says it's working. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:17 pm

If I were the DME, I would want the patient to do well on the machine and be satisfied with my services. If the patient does well on the machine, (s)he can keep and I get paid! I also get business when patients reorder supplies (which they don't do if I have to take the machine back). Also, the patient will eventually need a replacement machine, so more business again!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:27 pm

D.H. wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:17 pm
If I were the DME, I would want the patient to do well on the machine and be satisfied with my services. If the patient does well on the machine, (s)he can keep and I get paid! I also get business when patients reorder supplies (which they don't do if I have to take the machine back). Also, the patient will eventually need a replacement machine, so more business again!
But you aren't a DME! The real DME, sells a low grade product for the most profit, and collects all the money he can with little effort. If the patient quits he collects all he can from the INS and Patient and moves on to the next victim to do it all over. Shake that money tree! Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:34 pm

DME = SALES---They have no other responsibility.
The rest is up to YOU--and your doctor, (if you can get him cornered.) :mrgreen:

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:26 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:34 pm
DME = SALES---They have no other responsibility.
The rest is up to YOU--and your doctor, (if you can get him cornered.) :mrgreen:
+1000

My sum total of contact with my DME is a reminder email AND a robocall about reordering supplies that I do not need. I wish I could get the calls to stop, they're clogging up my voicemail.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:06 am

D.H. wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 am
This is a bit of a situation. I don't know if they didn't follow up because they are lackadaisical, or if they didn't follow up because my numbers are good! I'm hoping it's the latter, as that shows good organization. It would mean that they're spending their resources where they are needed; on problem patients!

Since I generally average seven to eight hours of nightly usage, have a mask fit in the high 90's, and an AHI generally under 1, there's not a whole lot to discuss. Most of what I hear from them is to send replacement items.
You have been on CPAP for over a year...Why would your DME be monitoring you? They are only concerned with compliance during the initial 90 days.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 pm

LSAT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:06 am
D.H. wrote:

You have been on CPAP for over a year...Why would your DME be monitoring you? They are only concerned with compliance during the initial 90 days.
They want to sell me masks, filters, hoses, etc. They also presumably want to sell me a new machine after five years (which I think lands right before I go on medicare).

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm

D.H. wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 pm
LSAT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:06 am
D.H. wrote:

They want to sell me masks, filters, hoses, etc. They also presumably want to sell me a new machine after five years (which I think lands right before I go on medicare).
You have found out their secret job, selling at a maximum price. They didn't hide it well! Jim

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 pm

This is 2018. No company cares about you or your business. It went from the customer is always right, to the customer is always wrong. If you never come back, they won't even notice.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990