. elite s7 cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gstephc

. elite s7 cpap

Post by gstephc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:26 am

I have had my elite s7 since 2005 and never had a problem with it until now, why do I feel like I have cotton mouth it's very uncomfortable, can any body help .I stop using it thanks

Julie

Re: . elite s7 cpap

Post by Julie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:36 am

You need a new machine - most insurance companies replace them every 5 yrs and yours is 13 yrs old! You're lucky all you have is 'cotton mouth'.

mesenteria

Post by mesenteria » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm

What Julie said. I had a six year old automobile battery and noticed that the engine was turning over more and more slowly upon first turn of the ignition each day. I spoke to a mechanic who exclaimed, "Six years?!?!? You've done very well for yourself. Get a new one."

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Sounds like you are using a nasal mask and are mouth leaking your treatment out you mouth. I can't think how your CPAP could cause Cottonmouth unless it was going wide open.

You are over due for a new full data machine APAP would be nice. The data could tell you if your treatment is working. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by *4408 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:33 pm

I agree....you are due for a new unit if you choose to go that route. Most private insurances will replace a unit every 3 years and other insurances every 5. However; if you feel it is not working properly because of dry mouth it could be that it's you not the machine. Meaning..you are turning into a mouth breather (as Jim stated). One way to tell is if your mouth is dry but your nose is not. If the heater plate is still getting hot and if your unit pressure is verified at the set Rx then nothing is wrong with the unit. Since your unit is 13yrs you should consider a new titration study to see if your pressure needs adjusting, and this can be done at home with an auto-pap. Dr. rx of course.
#passionateaboutsleep