For Respironics M-Series Auto users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

I have gaps in my Smart Card data

never
20%
occasionally
No votes
occasionally, but it's not the machine's fault
5%
occasionally--I lose one or two days at a time once in a while
55%
regularly--I lose one or two days every week
20%

Total votes: 20

jskinner

Re: For Respironics M-Series Auto users

Post by jskinner » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:52 pm

t-bone wrote:There has been some talk about days of data missing when Smart Card downloads are done. In some cases, the data for (as an example) Saturday and Sunday are missing. The compliance data will be there, but aside from the date, there is no information on apnea occurrences or snores or flow limitations or pressures. Sometimes even the name of the day (i.e. Saturday) or the date (i.e. October 24) is missing.
For me the number of sessions on the card has always been a factor too. It seems like its always when its a Saturday and the seventh session (not sure if there are other variables that must be met)

This Saturday + # if sessions problem has been discussed before in previous threads. Its a real issue but I have seen no indication that Respironics plans to fix it. (I sent them an email but they never responded) I'm not sure if its Encore Pro or the xPAP firmware...

islander

M Series missing data

Post by islander » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:59 pm

I have experienced missing Saturday and Sunday data several times (sometimes just one day) and they show up as non-compliant as well. This is false info as I have been 100% compliant for six months now.
I had been downloading smart card each week but notice I have less missing days by waiting a month or more to download, can't explain that....
I had asked my RT about this but got no clue to cause, he just ran on about my non-compliance.....I would think this could cause some problem with insurance and compliance issues at some point.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:25 am

Since Nov, this is the first day I have lost data.....it did not record my Sat night statistics, although, Jskinners software DID record all the data for the missing Sat night !!??? What does that tell you?....any ideas? JohnD

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:27 am

Sorry, forgot to sign in..that is me above as "Guest"

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am

I would have voted regularly. The reason it is occasionally is because I regularly erase the smart card.

Is the voting closed?

Catnapper

erasing card

Post by Catnapper » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:45 am

So, today I erased my card, this time intentionally. I will see if that produces different results. My next plan is to try another brand new card to see if it varies by card.

Catnapper

Alisha

Post by Alisha » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:30 am

The one day that details did not show up for me was a Tuesday. It did not show as non-compliant; in fact, the # of hours apap used showed up on the Patterns of use page. My compliance shows 100%.

It may be helpful if the two who have never had detail lost would tell us how many nights of M auto usage they have had and if Encore Pro was used from beginning of M usage.

Alisha

......The information provided in this post is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for professional medical advice......

tmaiberger

Post by tmaiberger » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Happens to me as well. Not sure how often, but enough for me to notice it.

TM

jskinner

Post by jskinner » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:it did not record my Sat night statistics, although, Jskinners software DID record all the data for the missing Sat night !!??? What does that tell you?....any ideas?
Yes I can explain that one. Inside encore pro there are different database tables. One set of tables stores detailed data and another set stores stats. When missing data occurs its usually is only partially missing. Thats how come I still can display some data.

I also didn't get data recorded last Saturday's night.

Catnapper

more votes please

Post by Catnapper » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:48 am

If there are other M series owners who haven't participated in the poll, please do so.

This is too small a sample to get Respironics excited about fixing the problem.

Thanks, everybody.

Catnapper

t-bone

Anyone else? Bueller?

Post by t-bone » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:23 pm

When I set up this poll, I set the time limit to fifteen days or so. There is still time if anyone wishes to respond. As Catnapper notes, this is too small a sample to get either Respironics or the Smart Card folks to take note and help solve the problem.

The poll is open until Monday, the 22nd.

Do Not Incorrige!

jskinner

Re: Anyone else? Bueller?

Post by jskinner » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 pm

t-bone wrote: As Catnapper notes, this is too small a sample to get either Respironics or the Smart Card folks to take note and help solve the problem.
As anyone actually tried to talk to Respironics about this?
-james

Catnapper

Respironics

Post by Catnapper » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:18 pm

I have written. Below is the series of questions and their answers.

Me: I have a question about the M series AutoPap. I use the Smart Card and Encore Pro software. After a few days, my Smart Card does not record data for a day or two and then it resumes for another few days. What causes this problem, and how can I fix it? Please give me the necessary steps to avoid this problem. Thank you very much.

Respironics: The Card should record everyday. The machine writes to the card when it powers down. If your machine's power down cycle is interrupted that can effect the way that data is written. The only other cause could be that the card is not properly inserted in the CPAP machine.

Me: Please tell me what would cause the power down cycle to be interrupted. I do not unplug the machine, and I always check to see that the card is inserted correctly.

Why would the problem occur for 2 days together each time? This happens for other people who use the M series machine. I have been reading about the problem on cpaptalk.com for months, and there is another thread recently started by someone else who has the problem. The problem almost always occurs on the nights of Saturday and Sunday. It is hard to believe that so many people would have the same conditions by coincidence. Please look into this problem more thoroughly, and send it to the technical support division. The problem appears to come when the card has about a week of data stored. It will report compliance, just not the complete detail, so that would not appear to be because the card was not correctly inserted in the machine.

Thanks for your continued investigation.

Respironics: In that case I recommend that the unit be checked out.

NOT very helpful.

Catnapper

jskinner

Re: Respironics

Post by jskinner » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:34 pm

Catnapper wrote:The problem appears to come when the card has about a week of data stored.
Actually its seven sessions, not days. Where a sessions is an on-off period. This is often much less than seven days since people often get up during the night, etc.

(This seven session limit really annoys me since it means if I go way for a while I often loose data. Why can't it just use up the available space on the card)
Catnapper wrote:NOT very helpful
Not helpful at all. This is either a firmware or Encore Pro bug, IMHO.

Cheers, -James

Catnapper

poll about Smart Card

Post by Catnapper » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:06 am

The poll has been closed, but people are asking about this problem again, so I wanted to bump it up and ask t-bone to see if he can open the poll again.

If not, people can read about the problem, anyway.

Catnapper