Smallest Full Face Mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyInSC17

Smallest Full Face Mask?

Post by SleepyInSC17 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:22 am

Hi, I have a small head(I wear youth sized hats), small face, small nose, etc. I have to wear a full face mask, but the ones I have tried are still too big and leak. Even with extra small cushions, the bottom of the cushion sits comfortably below my bottom lip but the top is level with my eyebrows, or even a tiny bit above. I have tried the AirFit F10 with the XS cushion and the AirTouch F20 with a Small cushion and both are at my brow line or a bit above. My RT told me she is out of options after those two and to try using a larger Wisp nasal cushion over my nose and mouth. This didn’t work because of the shape and width. Is there a full face mask that is smaller? I previously used a nasal Wisp in small, but even with a chin strap, my mouth still opens so nasal masks are not an option for me anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m so sleepy that I am in tears and I am frustrated with the lack of options. Please, if you have any information, I am open to it.

LSAT

Re: Smallest Full Face Mask?

Post by LSAT » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 am

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 am

There are Pediatric sized masks out there but not many in the full face model category. Most are nasal interface only.

I wonder if you would do better with one of the hybrid types of full face masks.
Have you looked at those?

Respironics Amara View full face mask and the Innomed/Respcare Hybrid...
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... -mask.html
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html

and there's a brand new one soon to be on the market called the Respironics DreamWear Full face mask.
viewtopic/t158844/Respironics-DreamWear ... =DreamWear

I am sorry but I don't think that there is a full face mask of the variety like the AirFit or AirTouch where the nose is covered that is any smaller than what you have tried.
Unless you can find a pediatric version and I don't know if I have ever seen a full face pediatric version because usually they don't want to covers kids mouths.

I think maybe trying something that doesn't try to cover the nose on top but has the nasal interface at the nostril level like the hybrids might be worth looking into.
ResMed makes a hybrid called the Liberty but I have seen it in the small size and it's still quite large so I wouldn't even go there with it besides it's the most expensive.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

halokittie

Post by halokittie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 pm

I wooud humbly recommend the Amara View full face mask. Fits from the tip of the tip of the nose to just below the bottom lip. Works for me. Of course YMMV.

45011ohio

Post by 45011ohio » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:51 pm

My doctor mentioned the Amara View mask to me today. From what I understand about how it fits, it might be just the thing for you. All you can do is ask if it might be available for you.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:08 am

Another possibility. I thought the small Quattro FX wasn't small enough, but no extra small.

But I did learn that there was a smaller headgear that had to be special ordered. Suddenly, my mask fit just fine. It was just sliding around too much with the standard headgear.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?