SoClean 2 filter problem, will I die???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
PaulKTF

Re: SoClean 2 filter problem, will I die???

Post by PaulKTF » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:36 pm

It's more effective leaving it in the box and using it as a doorstop than it is at actually cleaning anything.

-Paul.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:41 pm

. wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 pm
palerider wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm
KenH wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm
I have had my SoClean just over a year. I went from 6-7 sinuous infections every year to 1 last year. I didn't do anything different than buy the SoClean.
This just in, the cognitive dissonance is SO STRONG that all you have to do is shell out the money for noclean, and you're healthier... no actual use needed. (you may not even have to take it out of the box!)
Leaving it in the box may make it more effective, as the footprint of it in the box will be bigger, killing more germs when you set it on the floor. :lol: Jim
*squish* *squish* *squish*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:52 pm

I really enjoy calling out the SoClean cult members.
Mocking those who choose stupid is a service--
especially when it may discourage future suckers from being harvested.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Stupid question. Everyone dies!

Strat1163

Post by Strat1163 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am

I acquired a couple of nasty chest infections in 2017 and i religiously cleaned my cpap daily. Never the less I bought the soclean in January 2018 and I haven't had any infections since. No joke!

Marko2019

Post by Marko2019 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:58 am

My understanding is that the filter is intended to remove residual ozone (that hasn't already leaked out of the top and sides) from venting back into room. It's basically an inexpensive charcoal cartridge made in China and sold as a "consumable" (think $5 fish tank filter). For a while a Chinese company called "Chunpen Bai" was flooding the market with cheap generic filters but I do not know if that is ongoing. Speculation is that, given the Chinese manufacturing of consumables, they're probably all made in the same factory anyway.

I don't think you'll die but you clearly don't want to be exposed to levels of ozone in excess of FDA regulations, especially if you have any type of compromised respiratory system. Unfortunately, since they don't label the unit with the amount of ozone produced (an FDA requirement for producing a toxic gas in a confined space) you'll never really know what you're breathing. Personally, I would never install an ozone generating device in my home, and would consult your doctor about doing so.

They are very careful to advertise "FDA registered" - but this device is not "FDA approved".

Be advised that SoClean is currently the defendant in two separate lawsuits, one domestic for false advertising and one international for breach of contract. I am not a lawyer, but the false advertising accusation contains a lot of technical data in the complaint that points to SoClean not being in compliance with the FDA regulation of ozone gas. People should at least know the facts before purchasing one of these, or any other ozone generator.

M

colin149 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:40 am
Hello, I messed up! I went to replace my cartridge filter today and noticed I never removed the bottom blue sticky protector from my last cartridge filter. Don't know how I missed it, but I removed the top one. Are there any heath risks associated with this? Should I see a doctor? Was air not properly converted back to normal exiting the machine? I'm very worried......
A whole lot of investigation is ongoing before I spend a single dime.

esel

Post by esel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:49 am

Goofproof wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 pm
palerider wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm
KenH wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm
I have had my SoClean just over a year. I went from 6-7 sinuous infections every year to 1 last year. I didn't do anything different than buy the SoClean.
This just in, the cognitive dissonance is SO STRONG that all you have to do is shell out the money for noclean, and you're healthier... no actual use needed. (you may not even have to take it out of the box!)
Leaving it in the box may make it more effective, as the footprint of it in the box will be bigger, killing more germs when you set it on the floor. :lol: Jim
nice oldies...

KenH never mentioned he actually used it. He only wrote he bought one.

By the way I think there has been a case where a nasty bug remained in the water tank and always reinfected the user. Using the XPAP without the humidifier was OK, no infection. Nothing really worked to clean the water tank. A new tank solved the problem. :lol:

Is this smilie actually laughing ??? I never heard it before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Unless you're somehow hooking yourself up to the ozone machine while it's running, I doubt it creates enough ozone to create a serious ozone problem in the room as a whole. Especially short term and if you're not in the room while it's running. Ozone has a pretty short half life indoors.

Long term, though, fix your filter.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

edatlanta

Post by edatlanta » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 am

I just don't want an ozone generator indoors period regardless of what the manufacturer claims.

Maybe I'll just go wash my mask. I think I forgot this month.

DreamWear Nasal Pillow headgear with Arms

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 am

I wonder how much they PAY their shills . . .
Or whether or not any of them actually USE the @#$%& thing.
:lol: :lol:

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:37 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 am
I wonder how much they PAY their shills . . .
Or whether or not any of them actually USE the @#$%& thing.
:lol: :lol:
Shatner gets paid in Bars of Latinum it is a rare silver liquid used as currency by many worlds, most notably the Ferengi Alliance. Latinum cannot be replicated and the reasons for its rarity are unknown. Latinum is usually suspended within the element gold to produce the currency Gold Pressed Latinum (GPL) .Now you know! :lol: Jim

Denominations of gold-pressed latinum, in order of increasing value, include the slip, the strip, the bar and the brick. One bar of gold-pressed latinum is equal to twenty strips or 2,000 slips of latinum.

Live Long and Prosper!
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Marko2019

Post by Marko2019 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Agreed. Outside maybe - but never in an enclosed living space.

Parish the thought of a company willfully ignoring FDA labeling requirements (for profit) because they assumed users were too stupid to realize that "activated oxygen" was in reality the "unstable toxic gas" ozone.
edatlanta wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 am
I just don't want an ozone generator indoors period regardless of what the manufacturer claims.
A whole lot of investigation is ongoing before I spend a single dime.