Attached 3.25.18 Sleepyhead screenshot

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Zmartha

Attached 3.25.18 Sleepyhead screenshot

Post by Zmartha » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:54 pm

I still don't understand how to interpret most of Sleepyhead so as a 3-month old CPAP user, I hope you readers can tell me what you see. :wink: I am going to the Pulmonologist Thursday and also to DME as it's time to get a new mask, but I don't know if I should used a nasal again or full face mask.

I have issues which may be normal such as: even with my mouth taped shut I awake in the night several times with a desert dry sticky teeth & cheeks from mouth leak, I guess. I have humidity set at 4 or 5, but it sure doesn't use as much water as it did in Jan. I even tried the tape with a chin strap, still dry mouth and resulted in sore jaw hinges.

Before CPAP I rarely woke up at night & almost NEVER had to use the bathroom. Now it's almost nightly, but that may be because the pressure & dry mouth awaken me. Many times, I just turn the machine off at 4 or 5am in order to get back to sleep.

I would have thought that since I had mild apnea, my AHI would be lower, but it goes from 3 to 6. Maybe all this is normal, & I am just complaining, but I don't have anything to compare it to, tho I do read a lot from Forum and have learned things.

I sometimes wake up with a bloated stomach so figure I have swallowed the air. I have a hiatial hernia and some acid reflux and was told that could complicate things.

:?: I would like to try the Airfit F20 facemask to see if that would help the dry mouth, tho my DME said they are not going to use them for Medicare as they are too expensive so I wouldn't have 30 days to try it out first. But I don't know if it would help. Maybe a Dreamware nasal?

I have no clue what to do, but pray and then ask for help from you experienced people.
PS I don't have a Flow Limit chart to show you from Sleepyhead. If you need more info, just let me know. Thank you for your time. :)

Martha 3.25.18 Sleepyhead.jpg
Sleepyhead shot 3.25.18
Martha 3.25.18 Sleepyhead.jpg (266.99 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Martha, 75
Diagnosed mild apnea Dec, 2017
Was switched to AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ from CPAP to BIPAP June, 2019
Dreamware Face Mask and Airfit N30i Nasal Mask

palerider

Re: Attached 3.25.18 Sleepyhead screenshot

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Your pressure's too low for your needs.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Personally I would try 8 min 15 max and see what happens.

Zmartha

Post by Zmartha » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Thank you all for responding. When I see the doctor Thursday I will ask him instead of going down should we go up in pressure and see what he says. :)

Diagnosed mild apnea Dec, 2017
Was switched to AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ from CPAP to BIPAP June, 2019
Dreamware Face Mask and Airfit N30i Nasal Mask

ajack

Post by ajack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 am

USMCVet wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:17 pm
Personally I would try 8 min 15 max and see what happens.
I was going to say 7 or 8 too
there are some clusters and a $10 foam cervical collar would be worth a try and there are some leaks to fix.

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Zmartha wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:54 pm
I still don't understand how to interpret most of Sleepyhead so as a 3-month old CPAP user, I hope you readers can tell me what you see. :wink: I am going
I have no clue what to do, but pray and then ask for help from you experienced people.
PS I don't have a Flow Limit chart to show you from Sleepyhead. If you need more info, just let me know. Thank you for your time. :)
I am trying to figure it out as well. The flow chart is what I really want to figure out. It looks like Greek to me lol
USED to be on DreamStation..now on S9 VPAP ADAPT
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small

Barb (Seattle)

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Barb (Seattle) wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:16 pm
Zmartha wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:54 pm
I still don't understand how to interpret most of Sleepyhead so as a 3-month old CPAP user, I hope you readers can tell me what you see. :wink: I am going
I am trying to figure it out as well. The flow chart is what I really want to figure out. It looks like Greek to me lol

your AHI is very low though that's good.
USED to be on DreamStation..now on S9 VPAP ADAPT
21 years on CPAP

Mirage Quattro Air Small