bloating

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
priorian

bloating

Post by priorian » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:44 pm

I have used a CPAP for 7 years. I sleep,very well for 6 -7 hours and then wake up with stomach bloating. I have to get up to relieve the symptoms. Anyone have the same problem and have a remedy?

Julie

Re: bloating

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Do a search on the forum here for 'aerophagia' - lots and lots and lots of info.

priorian

Post by priorian » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks for the info. Did not know the technical term. Probably need to get my pressure lowered. Wish I knew how to make that happen

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 pm

priorian wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:30 pm
Thanks for the info. Did not know the technical term. Probably need to get my pressure lowered. Wish I knew how to make that happen
please go to the control panel and fill in your equipment. (or just tell us!)

then someone can tell you how to reduce the pressure settings on your machine.

in the end, i had to lower my pressure, as well. nothing i did or can do gives me any relief, other than lowered pressure. but, that's just me. might be different for you.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Mikebear

Post by Mikebear » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:40 am

I got aerophagia after I switched to my new Airsense 10 Autoset machine. Mostly because I jacked up the pressure too fast, too soon. It went into an intestinal gastritis, and was very VERY bad for over a month. Bad enough I almost went to the Emergency room a couple times as even my blood pressure went sky-high.

I took a course of Nexium, and I lowered pressures, and finally beat it. Since then, I've slowly started upping my lower pressure again. I'm now above the point that originally gave me the extreme aerophagia, and though I'm getting a little extra gassy, it's not as bad as it was. In fact, I think I finally found the pressures I'm going to stay at with 10cmH20 - 13 cmH20 EPR = 2.

My previous machine that I used for 20 years, (100% compliance) was a cpap brick set at 7 cmH20. I always figured things could be better, but I never in a million years realized cpap technology had come so far. I really wish I had caught wise to it years ago.

My main point is that once you lower pressures and beat the initial aerophagia, you may be able to slowly increase pressure again over a much longer period of time if you need higher pressure, and not get bad aerophagia the second time.

priorian

Post by priorian » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.
I am in the process of updating my profile with the equipment I have and then some kind users can help me to adjust my pressure settings