dreamstation auto off?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jennmary

dreamstation auto off?

Post by jennmary » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:45 pm

I am trying to help a family member out. Does the dreamstation have an auto off feature? Shuts off when the mask is taken off?

The old machine had it and his wife is missing it. lol

Pugsy

Re: dreamstation auto off?

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Yes. The DreamStation machine has an auto off feature.
It's in the clinical menu setup area and is called
Auto Off

When set to off...it won't turn off automatically
When set to On...it will turn off when the mask is removed but it takes about 60 seconds before it will turn itself off and it's a long 60 seconds.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:54 pm

jennmary wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:45 pm
I am trying to help a family member out. Does the dreamstation have an auto off feature? Shuts off when the mask is taken off?

The old machine had it and his wife is missing it. lol
The auto on/auto off on respironics isn't very sensitive... nothing like what you're used to... you just have to be patient... very patient... maybe have a cuppa. ;)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:06 am

I have a Dreamstation and have the Auto off turned on all the time because I have mobility issues and stiffen up at night. I usually get up to use the bathroom, once in the night. The Dreamstation takes about a minute to go off - not instant but, by the time I get back from the bathroom. it is off. I just put my mask back on and go back to sleep. It doesn't disturb my husband.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 am

Yes, it absolutely does. I have it disabled, but that's really just personal preference.

Note that what's different about this CPAP from many others is that auto-on and auto-off are separate functions. You can enable/disable both or only enable one of them.

Presumably, this was developed for Orthodox Jews and Seventh Day Adventists who don't want to turn machines on or off on the Sabbath (Friday night / Saturday Morning). Since Sleep Apnea is a life threatening condition, it is permitted to use CPAP, but they still wish to minimize the deviation from the commandment (as they see it).

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:17 pm

. wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 am
Presumably, this was developed for Orthodox Jews and Seventh Day Adventists who don't want to turn machines on or off on the Sabbath (Friday night / Saturday Morning). Since Sleep Apnea is a life threatening condition, it is permitted to use CPAP, but they still wish to minimize the deviation from the commandment (as they see it).
The stupid just never stops with this one...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:22 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:17 pm
The stupid just never stops with this one...

Yeah, I read that part you are referring to and the first thought through my head was WTF....where does he come up with this stuff.
Respironics doesn't consider anyone but doctors and DMEs their customers and who they want to please and even then sometimes I wonder where the R & D guys come up with their ideas.
No one in R & D in Respironics gives a rats behind what someone's religious teachings might prohibit.

If they don't care about the patient's wants they sure aren't going to care about religious restrictions.
He's taking Chicken Little to a whole new level with his "what ifs".

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SusanWink

Post by SusanWink » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:06 am
I have a Dreamstation and have the Auto off turned on all the time because I have mobility issues and stiffen up at night. I usually get up to use the bathroom, once in the night. The Dreamstation takes about a minute to go off - not instant but, by the time I get back from the bathroom. it is off. I just put my mask back on and go back to sleep. It doesn't disturb my husband.
Hawthorne, do you use DreamMapper or Sleepyhead? I’ve been wondering how midnight potty breaks would affect those numbers. Do the programs just lump the two sleep times into one full night?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm

SusanWink wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:29 pm
do you use DreamMapper
Nobody that knows better takes dreammapper seriously.

Last edited by palerider on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:09 pm

SusanWink - I use Sleepyhead. This is one of my nights, with the potty break evident.https://imgur.com/NCN8Zxm

I chose to ignore being referred to as a troll.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

SusanWink

Post by SusanWink » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:09 pm
SusanWink - I use Sleepyhead. This is one of my nights, with the potty break evident.https://imgur.com/NCN8Zxm

I chose to ignore being referred to as a troll.
Thank you! Looks pretty much like the big “leak” when I just leave the mask blowing on it’s own 😊

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 pm

D.H. wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 am
Yes, it absolutely does. I have it disabled, but that's really just personal preference.

Note that what's different about this CPAP from many others is that auto-on and auto-off are separate functions. You can enable/disable both or only enable one of them.

Makes it a little hard on your gas mileage doesn't it. Do you keep it in drive or "N", i'll bet you are drive kind of guy! :roll: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

SusanWink

Post by SusanWink » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:18 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm
SusanWink wrote:
do you use DreamMapper
DreamMapper serves a purpose for me and I know I’m not the only one who appreciates its very basic feedback

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:44 pm

SusanWink wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:18 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm
SusanWink wrote:
do you use DreamMapper
DreamMapper serves a purpose for me and I know I’m not the only one who appreciates its very basic feedback
That doesn't make my point any less valid.

jennmary

Post by jennmary » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Thank you everyone!

I was pretty sure it did.....but I am a resmed girl myself. lol.

Plus I do not use the feature myself. I just prefer to turn my own machine on and off so that isnt a feature I pay much attention to. The man who uses this machine is nearly deaf and had a stroke a few years back so he doesnt really notice certain things. He often gets up at night and just pulls his mask off to go to the bathroom. His wife is not a heavy sleeper so if the machine doesnt turn itself off she is the one who has to hear it. This seemed like a problem I could help solve and I knew that this was the best place to ask.