Should I get a heated extension?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
32blownhemi

Should I get a heated extension?

Post by 32blownhemi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 am

Hi Everyone, I want to get an extension so my hose is longer. I have a Res Med Air Sense 10 which I think has a heated hose. Should I get another hose exactly like the one I have on my machine ($32) or can I just get a regular hose ($5). I don't mind spending more just want to get the right one... I'm trying my new Dreamwear Nasal Cushion tonight for the first time. I'd like to have a longer house so I can hook it to the wall over my bed. Plus I've tipped my machine over a couple of times. A longer hose would help this... Thank You! Bill

LSAT

Re: Should I get a heated extension?

Post by LSAT » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:58 am

32blownhemi wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 am
Hi Everyone, I want to get an extension so my hose is longer. I have a Res Med Air Sense 10 which I think has a heated hose. Should I get another hose exactly like the one I have on my machine ($32) or can I just get a regular hose ($5). I don't mind spending more just want to get the right one... I'm trying my new Dreamwear Nasal Cushion tonight for the first time. I'd like to have a longer house so I can hook it to the wall over my bed. Plus I've tipped my machine over a couple of times. A longer hose would help this... Thank You! Bill
You "don't know" if you have a heated hose???

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:57 am

If you have the heated hose you can't piggy back another heated hose on top of it...there's no way to power the second hose and you would end up with 6 ft of heated hose plus 6 ft of non heated hose at the mask end.
Do you really need 12 ft???

If you think you do there is a way to do it but I wouldn't advise it unless you just absolutely have to have 12 ft of hose.

What I suggest is get just a shorter non heated hose that is flexible and lightweight to give you the extra mobility you need.

This one will work great.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/circad ... -tube.html
It will connect to whatever existing hose you currently use and with the mask without an adapter being needed (if you get just a plain $5 generic 6 ft hose you will need an adapter to hook them together).

If you get condensation in the short hose then just add a hose cozy over the short hose..either home made or store bought.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:38 am

Why not get a longer 8 or 10 foot regular unheated tube? I don't think Resmed makes a longer heated Climateline tube than their standard 6.6 foot (2 m).

Dave

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:09 am

I use a 10 foot hose on mine... my bed's 6 feet wide, and I like to roam... the standard hoses just aren't long enough.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:19 pm

Thank You for all the replies! :) ... No, I don't need a 12' hose. Just one a little longer so I can hang it on the wall over my bed when I use the Dreamwear Nasal Pillow. Pugsy, I just ordered the one you posted the link for. I think it's like the one you recommended for my FF mask. Just a different make. The one I put on my FF Mask is on so tight it won't come off or I'd use it... And sometimes I notice a little moisture in my FF mask so I also ordered the hose cover.... Thanks Again! Bill