Amara View mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chalkie

Amara View mask

Post by Chalkie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 am

I have been given an Amara View mask and am ready to try it as soon as I have a chance for an early night with not much at stake the day after in case my sleep is worse than usual.

Anyone successfully used this mask? I can see this thinking in the design but it looks easy for the nasal hols to slide out of position.

Either way I think I need a full face so I'll have to get used to one type or other.
Machine: Philips Respironics BiPAP C Series.
Mask: Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal Mask.

Pressure 12-18.

carol oliver

Re: Amara View mask

Post by carol oliver » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:17 am

I've been using it for 3 nights and like it for the most part. I am having trouble getting it adjusted at first. once I get the hole in the right position it is okay, but doing that takes a while. The fact that it is not over my nose is great.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:24 am

I. Used that mask for almost a year with no problems. I made liners for the mask which helped with some of the leaks. The liners do not stop all of the leaks, but make them less noticeable so they didn't wake me up.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:40 am

These are encouraging replies. Will give it a go soon

Pressure 12-18.

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:26 am

I actually tried it last night. I was hoping for better results. Feel no better than I did
with the Comfort Gel nasal mask.

I think the main problem was that the nasal hole slipped and I ended up solely mouth breathing.

I will try Amara View again tonight.

Pressure 12-18.

carol oliver

Post by carol oliver » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm

It took a little while, but i finally got the hang of getting this mask on. what a difference from the traditional triangle shaped masks. I can see the t.v., I don't have air from the exhaust blowing in my eyes, it's great. Even my AHI has been lower. I'm happy. :D

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:45 pm

I've been using it for 6 months, since I've started CPAP therapy.

It's as comfy as any plastic thing can be when strapped to your face & head while you are trying to sleep. I liked it better than the mask that went over my nose.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:26 pm

I've been using the Amara View mask for over a year now. It can be hard to fit but once you get the hang of it, I think you will like it. I have found that having the part of the strap that goes around the back of the head be a little higher up so that it is more on the back of my head than a bit further down on my neck seems to help. Also, if you pull the top strap a bit toward the back of your head, the mask will tilt in a certain way that helps. Even if the strap doesn't stay there, this may help you get the feel of the position that works best, at least it does for me. This may all have to do with the shape of my head, not sure if this will help others but for what it's worth... Finally, after I start up the CPAP machine, I kind of pull the mask away from my face a bit and resettle/reposition it until I don't feel any leaks. The bottom of the mask should fit in the cleft of your chin, not at the bottom of or under your chin. I use a mask liner with it, more for comfort than preventing leaks.
Good luck!
Previously AirFit P10 for Her mask

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:48 pm

sleepychar wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:26 pm
I've been using the Amara View mask for over a year now. It can be hard to fit but once you get the hang of it, I think you will like it. I have found that having the part of the strap that goes around the back of the head be a little higher up so that it is more on the back of my head than a bit further down on my neck seems to help. Also, if you pull the top strap a bit toward the back of your head, the mask will tilt in a certain way that helps. Even if the strap doesn't stay there, this may help you get the feel of the position that works best, at least it does for me. This may all have to do with the shape of my head, not sure if this will help others but for what it's worth... Finally, after I start up the CPAP machine, I kind of pull the mask away from my face a bit and resettle/reposition it until I don't feel any leaks. The bottom of the mask should fit in the cleft of your chin, not at the bottom of or under your chin. I use a mask liner with it, more for comfort than preventing leaks.
Good luck!
Those are very good suggestions, thank you. The bulk of the headstrap on the back of my neck drives me crazy. I'm gonna try your method to adjust it tonight.

Klock1

Post by Klock1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm

I've been wearing the mask for two months now and it's adequate. I have a 12 pressure setting and I have a low AHI usually 2 or less. I'm a side sleeper so the valve right on the front blows air directly on my spouse when I face her. Sometimes I feel like I have to really tighten the straps to stop the leaks which causes pain as the silicon presses through the soft rubber. And then there are really visible strap marks on my face.
The clips holding the mask are another story. You have to get used to securing the clips. If it happens to come off, good luck getting it back on at 2am. Even worse if one of the upper straps come loose. I'm really looking forward to trying the Dreamwear FFM or the AirFit F20 or maybe just a nasal mask.
But being a CPAP patient for only 2 months this mask is the only one I've ever had. Here's to hoping this isn't the best mask out there. But like I said it is adequate. A good night sleep can be had more often than not but a bad night is a really bad night.

svo

Post by svo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:52 pm

..I have used it for 21/2 years now...perfect for me.....wife sleeps all night and so do I....I still can't believe that I got used tpo it from the first day..never go anywhere (travel) without it..you will get used to it..specially if you are a side sleeper..good luck...happy dreams!!!!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 am

Klock1 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm
I've been wearing the mask for two months now and it's adequate. I have a 12 pressure setting and I have a low AHI usually 2 or less. I'm a side sleeper so the valve right on the front blows air directly on my spouse when I face her. Sometimes I feel like I have to really tighten the straps to stop the leaks which causes pain as the silicon presses through the soft rubber. And then there are really visible strap marks on my face.
The clips holding the mask are another story. You have to get used to securing the clips. If it happens to come off, good luck getting it back on at 2am. Even worse if one of the upper straps come loose. I'm really looking forward to trying the Dreamwear FFM or the AirFit F20 or maybe just a nasal mask.
But being a CPAP patient for only 2 months this mask is the only one I've ever had. Here's to hoping this isn't the best mask out there. But like I said it is adequate. A good night sleep can be had more often than not but a bad night is a really bad night.

All FF masks have an exhaust port.....turn the other way and you won't bother your wife. The mask is not made to worn extremely tight. Watch the videos on proper mask adjustment.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... tion=click