Results of First Sleep Study

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
derek_305

Results of First Sleep Study

Post by derek_305 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

So I just got back from the doctors and the short version is:

52 Events in 6 Hours, all Obstructive Hyponeas
1: 4.1%
2: 61.6%
3: 15.5%
REM: 18.8%

OMS: 90% Lowest 84%
<89% 23.9%

Shortest R-r 0.4 Seconds and longest 0.9

I do understand this is mild, he did mention my events are partial obstructions and does recommend I use the S10 Auto with a P10. He mentioned that he has people with much less make major life quality improvements; and also mentioned my REM sleep is low and that would make the difference. Any thoughts or Advice?

palerider

Re: Results of First Sleep Study

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

derek_305 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

8.67 AHI, for anyone else challenged at head math on short notice ;)
derek_305 wrote:
I do understand this is mild, he did mention my events are partial obstructions and does recommend I use the S10 Auto with a P10. He mentioned that he has people with much less make major life quality improvements; and also mentioned my REM sleep is low and that would make the difference. Any thoughts or Advice?
Do it.

Take that 8.67 and divide it into 60, see how many minutes of potentially restful sleep you get before your breathing disturbs you... on average. (6.9...) so it's like someone poking you with a stick every 6.9 minutes.... all night long.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

derek_305

Re: Results of First Sleep Study

Post by derek_305 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm
derek_305 wrote:

8.67 AHI, for anyone else challenged at head math on short notice ;)
derek_305 wrote:
Do it.

Take that 8.67 and divide it into 60, see how many minutes of potentially restful sleep you get before your breathing disturbs you... on average. (6.9...) so it's like someone poking you with a stick every 6.9 minutes.... all night long.

Thanks for the input, the stick analogy does put it context, sounds like a Chinese torture to keep you out of REM. I can’t imagine how my brother feels with 140 per hour.

I was fortunate enough that my Insurance is going to cover it, but I do have to wait about 7-10 days to start.