Rec. for nasal cushion / Eson 2 advice?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
phobos

Rec. for nasal cushion / Eson 2 advice?

Post by phobos » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Have been using Eson 2 for nine months, and was satisfied until recently. I clean and replace the parts as recommended.

I don't know if the quality of parts has decreased or I'm doing something different, but lately I'm having to tighten the nasal cushion until it leaves marks. That can't be right. If I don't overtighten a bit, there's more air leakage. (Sometimes on my side I'll awaken due to the noise of the escaping air.) I wish the head gear were more substantial and less leggy. (I get a lot of slide with thin, fine hair and round head.)

The "Roll Fit" feature is nice, but it either works just right or it doesn't, so I've been fighting with it. The Eson 2 seems to be a good product, and I don't understand why I have issues now.

Other details:
The sleep lab decided the medium Eson 2 setup.
Does my nasal cushion need to be smaller or larger? I'm not even sure where top of nasal cushion is supposed to rest. Nose is smaller, bridge is flatter, base of nose wider. (Can't afford new nose.)
Tried DreamWear; *love* the design but my potato-shaped head doesn't play well with the frame. Tried all sizes and configuations.
Don't want nasal pillows or full face mask.
I can't afford to try a number of different masks.

Does anyone have the Eson 2 small or large nasal cushion to sell for a small fee?

Thanks!

Additional Comments: Trying Sleepyhead. Still seeking right mask.
I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? --Ernest Hemingway

DavidY

Re: Rec. for nasal cushion / Eson 2 advice?

Post by DavidY » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 am

There is a sizing template for both the Eson2 and Simplus that you can find online. I was fitted a Medium by my sleep tech. I found that it was irritating/rubbing the bottom of my nose. Checked the sizing guide and found that I should have been using a large. Medium cushion is now my backup.

Dave

blacknebula

Post by blacknebula » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:17 am

I use the Eson 2 mask. I recently bought a spare cushion online for a moderate price. It was a Canadian store that doesn't ship to US, but I'm sure you could find a similar place.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am

Check EBay for the other size cushions if no one here has one to spare.
I just spotted a Large for 13.99 with free shipping.
Small for a little more.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.