Losing patience

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AirMech74

Losing patience

Post by AirMech74 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Sorry guys, gotta vent ...

So last Wed, I was given my results from titration...was told my prescription was ready to be submitted. Here we are, it's wed...no word from anyone, so i make a couple of phone calls....no prescription was received from my sleep center :evil: After a few more phone calls...turns out it was faxed to a wrong number...which the sleep tech admits to and was very apologetic, but still doesn't help me any. So it was faxed in today and confirmation of receipt will be made...so here is to yet ANOTHER WEEK of waiting. :x

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

JDS74

Re: Losing patience

Post by JDS74 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Sorry for your difficulties but that's why I insist in getting a paper copy of all my prescriptions, not just CPAP stuff but everything..
While you are doing that, see about getting a copy of the sleep study and of the sleep titration study.
They will contain interesting information that will help you on your journey.

BTW, did they prescribe a "full data" machine that records all of the apnea events as well as the data about your breathing?
That will be essential to you managing your own treatment.

Hope all goes well.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:37 pm

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!....i called and asked if they could tell me what machine I was being prescribed...i'm getting a straight cpap machine...no auto!!...I just knew somehow I was gonna get some basic shit....they did say it will be the Resmed with a set pressure of 14cmH2O...I just can't win...I asked for copies of everything and they told me they are not allowed to give me those that I have to go to the main hosipital that they are affiliated with to do that....I called them, they told me to go to a website and log on, and make a request, but of course, it's asking me for all kinds of information that I don't know or have....I'm sick of this.

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

gwc2795

Post by gwc2795 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Hang in there airmech

Government is slow but health insurance and doctors are slower. Have faith, it will work out because you are vested and are following up on everything. If the cpap does not work, it can be changed. The resmed does full reporting.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Remember the government motto on health insurance; We will spend no dime until after it's time.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

BTS

Post by BTS » Wed May 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Hang in there man.. I know what it's like and it's worth it in the end...

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:24 pm

I wonder if you don't accept the machine prescibed (as in don't pick it up) you can get the machine you think would be best for you? Sounds like you've done your research. Call the doctor who prescribed it and tell them you want a different machine?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Get your doctor to write the RX with specific brand and model machine and check the "dispense as written" box.

You have more than one DME that works with your Care Centrix but remember how Care Centrix works for Cigna...they are supposed to save Cigna money.

So call up each of the other DMEs that you can use and ask them if they will supply you with the machine you want. Some will and some won't but you won't know until you ask.

Right now you are fast forward down the path of the half assed brick AirSense 10 CPAP....because that's the one that saves Cigna the most money.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BTS

Post by BTS » Wed May 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Well if they are sticking you on straight CPAP get them to at least give you the Elite model ...

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 02, 2018 4:10 pm

gwc2795 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm
The resmed does full reporting.
This is *NOT* correct, There are a number of Resmeds that are bricks... no 'full reporting' of anything except what the insurance company cares about.... "compliance".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 pm

AirMech74 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:37 pm
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!....i called and asked if they could tell me what machine I was being prescribed...i'm getting a straight cpap machine...no auto!!...
Instead of ranting and stomping around, just quietly refuse to accept anything other than an autoset.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BTS

Post by BTS » Wed May 02, 2018 4:27 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 pm
AirMech74 wrote:
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!....i called and asked if they could tell me what machine I was being prescribed...i'm getting a straight cpap machine...no auto!!...
Instead of ranting and stomping around, just quietly refuse to accept anything other than an autoset.
Yes do NOT sign off on a brick.... My DME tried that with every form of treatment CPAP all the way to ASV trying to off the lowest cheapest brick of a machine to me, each time I refused and ended up getting what was needed for treatment and the machine of my choice.

You have the Autoset right now right? Just keep that one and tell them to send in the paper work for the coverage... They shouldn't be downgrading you, demand it and you'll get it, it is the machine they've been watching your treatment with and if it's been working then that's the machine you should stay on ...

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:26 am

BTS wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:27 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 pm
AirMech74 wrote:
Yes do NOT sign off on a brick.... My DME tried that with every form of treatment CPAP all the way to ASV trying to off the lowest cheapest brick of a machine to me, each time I refused and ended up getting what was needed for treatment and the machine of my choice.

You have the Autoset right now right? Just keep that one and tell them to send in the paper work for the coverage... They shouldn't be downgrading you, demand it and you'll get it, it is the machine they've been watching your treatment with and if it's been working then that's the machine you should stay on ...
They told me it was a smart one, it will have the sd card slot and will monitor all the data....so I at least hope its the Elite....

I can't keep the one i'm using because I'm borrowing it from Pugsy. :wink: (which has been a lifesaver)

I did however find one last night on Craigslist, here in Oklahoma....$120 for a Resmed Autoset....I asked how many hrs were on it and he said he didn't think there were very many, it's brand new...so we'll see....should have it after the weekend. I'll at least have a good backup or travel machine :)

ZipZap

Post by ZipZap » Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 am

AirMech74 wrote:
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!....i called and asked if they could tell me what machine I was being prescribed...i'm getting a straight cpap machine...no auto!!...I just knew somehow I was gonna get some basic shit....they did say it will be the Resmed with a set pressure of 14cmH2O...I just can't win...I asked for copies of everything and they told me they are not allowed to give me those that I have to go to the main hosipital that they are affiliated with to do that....I called them, they told me to go to a website and log on, and make a request, but of course, it's asking me for all kinds of information that I don't know or have....I'm sick of this.
That is not unique to you. They always do that unless you have a specific discussion with your doctor. I was lucky and my doctor was already going to prescribe a dream station but not the auto model with humidity and heated tube. Those they consider luxury items. I had a talk with the doctor and told him I would definitely need the ramping feature. He changed the prescription. The other items I paid for since I did not go through insurance. Shop the machine hard because prices vary a lot.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 03, 2018 6:57 am

AirMech74 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:26 am

They told me it was a smart one, it will have the sd card slot and will monitor all the data....so I at least hope its the Elite....
Yeah, they SAY that about the bricks.