Resmed Air10 quit working

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TReem

Resmed Air10 quit working

Post by TReem » Sat May 05, 2018 3:27 am

Hello,
I'm new here,
My Resmed Air10 just quit working this morning. I tried a differant plug, I tried pushing a couple buttons simultaneously, nothing. NO reset button either. I got it January 2015. Are they designed to just stop working after certain period of time? Does anyone know of a remedy?

LSAT

Re: Resmed Air10 quit working

Post by LSAT » Sat May 05, 2018 6:06 am

TReem wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:27 am
Hello,
I'm new here,
My Resmed Air10 just quit working this morning. I tried a differant plug, I tried pushing a couple buttons simultaneously, nothing. NO reset button either. I got it January 2015. Are they designed to just stop working after certain period of time? Does anyone know of a remedy?
These machine are designed to work longer than 3+ years. Is it that it has no power or just won't work? You might calling these people and ask.....
ACBIO...1-800-376-5660
http://www.acbio.com/cpaprepair.htm

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 am

Is there any indicator on the cord? For most CPAPs, there is a large "brick" in the middle of the cord that converts house current to direct current. Sometimes, there is an indicator light on that "brick." If so, does it light up when you plug it in? Also, the cord that goes between the brick and your wall socket is usually detachable. Make sure that it's attached securely. The other part is usually fixed, but check it anyhow.

mesenteria

Post by mesenteria » Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 am

Sometimes electronics need a hard reset, or a reboot. When my DVR begins to act up, I now know, having been coached by the supplier, that in addition to getting it rebooted it should be both unplugged for a full 30 seconds AND the coax cable should be removed for a full minute. Something about time codes and such.

Remove the power cord from the rear of the machine for a couple of minutes, but do check to see if the power supply mid-cord is operating within its design parameters. An electrical shop could help you if you aren't sure. If the removal of power, verification of power, and a reboot or reset don't work, in that order, you will have to get authorization for a repair.