Cant sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
souldin1

Cant sleep

Post by souldin1 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:40 am

Hello,
So i am new to this and i am on my 5th day, i am having trouble going to sleep with the cpap. i am fine when i am laying trying to sleep but right when im about to fall alseep, you know when your asleep but not asleep and can still hear everything around you, ill kinda wake up in a panic trying to breath and haft to take a deep breath. IDK if this is just me freaking out because this is new and im not used to it or if something is wrong? any help would be great.

my pressure right now is at 8.5 - 20

rcobourn

Re: Cant sleep

Post by rcobourn » Mon May 07, 2018 6:45 am

souldin1 wrote:Hello,
So i am new to this and i am on my 5th day, i am having trouble going to sleep with the cpap. i am fine when i am laying trying to sleep but right when im about to fall alseep, you know when your asleep but not asleep and can still hear everything around you, ill kinda wake up in a panic trying to breath and haft to take a deep breath. IDK if this is just me freaking out because this is new and im not used to it or if something is wrong? any help would be great.

my pressure right now is at 8.5 - 20
For me, the solution to this was to up the pressure. I feel starved for air at anything under 10.5. If you have the ramp setting turned on, turning it off might help.

souldin1

Post by souldin1 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 am

OK let me try and up it, it was set to 7 and i could not breath out of my nose and was informed to move it to 8 or 9 and that did help. Ill give this a shot.

rcobourn

Post by rcobourn » Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 am

souldin1 wrote:OK let me try and up it, it was set to 7 and i could not breath out of my nose and was informed to move it to 8 or 9 and that did help. Ill give this a shot.

Good luck. Stick with it. Last night I slept 8:27 with 0.0 apnea events. Feel great. Never thought I would get there, it was a struggle.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 07, 2018 8:03 am

souldin1 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 am
OK let me try and up it, it was set to 7 and i could not breath out of my nose and was informed to move it to 8 or 9 and that did help. Ill give this a shot.

If you use Sleepyhead software and post a chart of a typical night, you can get better help here. A tutorial is near the top of the index page.

gwc2795

Post by gwc2795 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 am

Souldin
THe airsense 10 autoset has a ramp function that by default starts at 4 and then ramps up to the set pressure allowing you to go to sleep. You can change the ramp start pressure to 8 and it should solve the problem I turn ramp off.

souldin1

Post by souldin1 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:20 pm

I think im going to turn ramp off tonight and see how i do, been seeing alot of people saying to turn it off.

lastlib

Post by lastlib » Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 pm

I have found that to sleep it helps to clear your conscience. I call everybody that I have annoyed and apologize for my being right and them being wrong. I sleep well with a clear conscience and with the knowledge that I may have helped them see how idiotic their opinions were. It is easy to go to sleep knowing I have helped so many people.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 07, 2018 9:18 pm

lastlib wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 pm
I have found that to sleep it helps to clear your conscience. I call everybody that I have annoyed and apologize for my being right and them being wrong. I sleep well with a clear conscience and with the knowledge that I may have helped them see how idiotic their opinions were. It is easy to go to sleep knowing I have helped so many people.
This is especially satisfying when done between 1 and 3 AM, right?

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Tue May 08, 2018 6:04 am

lastlib wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 pm
Oh I would be so grateful! Why I'd have to call you back every half hour or so, to thank you! I couldn't possibly sleep without showing you the proper gratitude and respect!

-Bill

souldin1

Post by souldin1 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:55 pm

SO after making the changes everything is going good now. And LOL on the last few post