Question about compliance

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AirMech74

Question about compliance

Post by AirMech74 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:25 am

Ok, now that I'm using my prescribed machine, I have to "worry" about compliance. So, we have an older dog, that sleeps in our utility room, and we have a baby gate on that door, we keep it closed becasue if we don't, he will go in the living room and relieve himself. So usually once or twice a week, he will cry in the middle of the night and i gotta get up, turn the alarm off, and let all 3 dogs out....usually around 3 in the morning. So now....if I do that and turn my machine off and then turn it back on 15-20 mins later....will that show as possible non-compliance? I guess I should say that i'm usually getting to bed around 11:30ish sometimes a lil earlier.

While I have sleepyhead downloaded...I just downloaded the Resmed app and apparently it only recorded the time that I went back to bed after getting up...so it gave me a very low score and showing that I removed my mask once.

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

LSAT

Re: Question about compliance

Post by LSAT » Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 am

Doesn't matter how many times you turn the machine on and off as long as you are getting 4 hrs or more total. Compliance only looks at the total time used.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 am

LSAT wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 am
Doesn't matter how many times you turn the machine on and off as long as you are getting 4 hrs or more total. Compliance only looks at the total time used.
Gotcha....I got a lil over 6 hrs total last night. I've got no issue with masks, it'll just be having to get up at least once in the middle of the night to let the pups out is all...thanks for the info.

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 am

LSAT wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 am
What he said.

It's not 4 or more hours in a row to meet, it's four hours (preferably much more than 4) in a 24 hour period.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.