F20 airtouch memory foam leak rate issue

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
crestifer

F20 airtouch memory foam leak rate issue

Post by crestifer » Tue May 08, 2018 8:44 am

i've been using the resmed airtouch f20 mask with the memory foam cushions for about 7 months now. it has been great as it is comfortable and never leaves red marks or irritates my skin.

however, i just cannot seem to keep my leak rate under 24 L/min.

wondering if anyone else has this issue with this particular mask. i'm almost wondering if it's just the nature of the mask and the memory foam.

i'm usually getting 26-40L/min leakage. some nights it will be 8-12 or so...but on average it's always closer to 30 L/m.

just curious what others have found with this mask.

Allessio77

Re: F20 airtouch memory foam leak rate issue

Post by Allessio77 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:28 am

I use this mask successfully. In your case of this high of leaks, maybe the cushion is too large (try next size down) or the straps just need tightened. They caution you about tightening too much, but I find you have to in order to stop the leaks. Good luck.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm

My wife and I both tried the Air Touch cushions, and could not maintain a good seal once our pressure exceeded 15 cm. We went back to the regular F20 cushions and have had no problems since then.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

crestifer

Post by crestifer » Fri May 11, 2018 8:09 pm

thanks everyone.

i keep adjusting the straps. it seems fine with the mask fit function. it doesn't seem to leak at all, but seems to have a consistently high leak rate throughout the night.

i need to start looking at my data on sleepyhead again every morning and trying to figure out when leaks are happening.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri May 11, 2018 8:17 pm

crestifer wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:09 pm
thanks everyone.

i keep adjusting the straps. it seems fine with the mask fit function. it doesn't seem to leak at all, but seems to have a consistently high leak rate throughout the night.

i need to start looking at my data on sleepyhead again every morning and trying to figure out when leaks are happening.
If the leaks are not disturbing your sleep and your AHI is reasonable, I would ignore the leaks.