My AHI keeps going up

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AirMech74

My AHI keeps going up

Post by AirMech74 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:55 am

Since getting my machine last Monday, set from 10cm to 17cm....my AHI seems to go up every night....i've not had a single night where it was below 3. My prescribed pressure is 14. Here are my last 3 reports.

Attachments
5.11.2018.PNG
5.11.2018.PNG (152.16 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
5.10.2018.PNG
5.10.2018.PNG (141.5 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
5.9.2018.PNG
5.9.2018.PNG (146.01 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

LSAT

Re: My AHI keeps going up

Post by LSAT » Sat May 12, 2018 8:02 am

I would increase your pressures to 12 min..20 max.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 12, 2018 10:38 am

I think I'd do 14-20 for now..

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sat May 12, 2018 11:33 am

The obstructions look positional to me a soft cervical collar may help to stop your chin tucking to your chest

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am

Since I'm being monitored, should I adjust pressure? Or let them do it when I go in for my first follow up in a few weeks?

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 14, 2018 7:04 am

Wait until after the appointment.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Mon May 14, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 am

AirMech74 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am
Since I'm being monitored, should I adjust pressure? Or let them do it when I go in for my first follow up in a few weeks?
I guess it depends, I got in shit for doing it myself last week with the new machine but when they saw the numbers were going under 1 AHI they let it slide.. I say go for it if it will help your treatment out... I can't wait for compliance on the ASV to be up, being monitored can be stressful, causing less success in treatment..

Seriously the DMEs are so ignorant is blows my mind.. Everything from masks to the adjustments making treatment worse in most cases.. And most of these people are not even on xPAP themselves... It's horrible to know that the ones not coming to the forums and learning how to do all of this are really losing out and will probably not be successful ... We need an overhaul of this whole system...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 am

I would change the minimum now instead of later. If we didn't have the past data from the loaner apap to back up things it might be a different story but we do and no one really knows about it except us. Already been down this road and no sense in revisiting it IMHO.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Tom1410

Post by Tom1410 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 am

You might try reducing your EPR, from 3 to 2. I have experimented with that and found that my AHI's went up the higher my EPR setting was (from below 2, to as high as an 8 going from 1 to 3 EPR). I have mine set at 1 and may just turn it off completely.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon May 14, 2018 11:14 am

If you are going to the same facility you had your sleep study done, they don't say a whole lot about patients changing their pressure. Just tell them your current settings were not treating your apnea correctly, and you tried a different setting to try to get it under control. I have changed mine several times, but since I normally stay under 2 AHI, they haven't said much about it.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:52 pm

While on the loaner machine, just a week prior to getting mine, I had turned the auto off and put it at 14.5 and had pretty good numbers. I will raise my minimum tonight, I think I will just raise it to my prescribed pressure of 14 and maybe bump the max up 1 or 2.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 am

Alrighty, I bumped my min pressure up to 14 and my AHI went down...Monday night it was 3.7, now i had been using a full face mask that night, I switched back to my N2...last night it was 3.2...after last night, i'm making the N20 my go-to mask....i really like it....minimal leaks and hardly any strap marks the next morning.