Two Masks?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
golfer71909

Two Masks?

Post by golfer71909 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Being on medicare, how would i best have two masks. A N20 ans a F20. I know medicare will only reimburse for one.

BTS

Re: Two Masks?

Post by BTS » Mon May 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Easy you PAY for one ... 1 mask is covered with my insurance all the others were out of pocket ... You can have unlimited masks but pretty sure you will only get one covered, or wait until the time period is up for your replacement ... I am pretty happy with my collection ATM, the P10, N10, F20, N20 and the Dreamwear FFM / Nasal, with all the masks I only really use the P10 ...

Last edited by BTS on Mon May 14, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

That's what I did...i bought an brand new Airfit F20 off a member of another forum, but he is on here as well, and i got the Airfit N20 through insurance. I really like both masks. If you keep your eyes open, you can find new ones for sale a lot cheaper.

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Happy you're liking it! :mrgreen:

Close second for me is the N20 .. Love the feel of that one..

Yes many great deals out there ...

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon May 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Wait for three months, then order the second mask when you have the option of getting a new mask. Normally, if I want to try a new mask, I just order it from our site sponsor.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 pm

On regular medicare, you are eligible for a complete replacement mask every 6 months. Make sure that your doctor has either listed these items on your prescription or as "patient choice." Then get one mask now and the other mask in 6 months. Remember to switch pillows/cushions as well.

After the first year, it's up to you. You will know how long the supplies last you. You want to have at least one backup mask of each type long term. I prefer 2 (and keep one in my secondary cpap machine case).

If you are on Advantage Medicare, you will have to contact them for the replacement schedule. I don't know if it is the same.

I alternate between Dreamwear and Airfit P10 and Swift FX. I pay for Swift FX out of pocket although I have plenty of supplies for that.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)