Reputable CPAP supply sellers on Ebay?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dream321

Reputable CPAP supply sellers on Ebay?

Post by dream321 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:51 am

I want to purchase Dreamwear nasal cusions on Ebay, but my main concern is the potential for unscrupulous sellers selling used as new. Most of the cushions seem to have come from the mask fitting packs, and they come in ziplock pouches, not shrink wrap. I even see some sellers photographing it sitting on a table, outside of the pouch. Does anyone know reputable sellers/dealers on ebay? I dont think i could trust ebay reviews because one wouldnt necessarily know if theyre getting a used cushion.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Reputable CPAP supply sellers on Ebay?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 28, 2018 8:25 am

dream321 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:51 am
Most of the cushions seem to have come from the mask fitting packs, and they come in ziplock pouches, not shrink wrap. I even see some sellers photographing it sitting on a table, outside of the pouch.
Buy from a seller who has a high rating and has made many sales. Only buy if it says "new". If you are very particular, only buy unopened packs.

If you get a used one that was represented as new, file a complaint with eBay. They are good about getting your money back.

I have no problem with buying new ones from fit packs or opened packs. Why waste?

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon May 28, 2018 8:29 am

You can also try the Pillow Exchange here, especially if you have some pillows you cannot use.

viewtopic/t36070/THE-GREAT-PILLOW-EXCHANGE.html

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon May 28, 2018 12:01 pm

dream321 wrote:
not shrink wrap
New ones from the factory come in bags not shrink wrap. Besides, shrink wrap machines are cheap, even if the cushions were shrink wrapped, it means nothing.
dream321 wrote:
I even see some sellers photographing it sitting on a table, outside of the pouch
Because buyers want to see what they're buying..

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Buying CPAP goods on eBay is a "catch as catch can" process. I have found a number of good deals in past, but that seems to have changed in recent past. In the past, sales of cushions and other size-related items reflected the break up of fit packs by users as was earlier suggested. It seems that may have changed as DMEs or their employees are capitalizing on their access to goods to break up and charging close to retail prices. Feedback is always a good indicator especially where the focus is on similar types of goods. On the other hand, I have found that how the seller describes the goods they are selling and how they answer questions can tell you more: do they seem to know what they are talking about and are they willing to actually answer questions appropriately and quickly? I always start by looking for multiples in a lot (three or more in one listing for example). One early test when you buy is how quickly does the seller respond to the purchase with feedback for the buyer. My thought has always been feedback should be given as soon as is practical - if I make payment quickly, the seller should say "thank you" equally quickly. If you go to the seller's feedback and isolate "feedback left for others" you can easily see how they have responded in the past.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Packaging means nothing.
It is easily (and cheaply) duplicated.
I have seen it done.
Counterfeiting is rarely rocket science.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm

JimW159 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:27 pm
It seems that may have changed as DMEs or their employees are capitalizing on their access to goods to break up and charging close to retail prices.
You cannot assume a DME eBay seller has kept the pillow clean either.

When I first picked up my machine with a P10 pillow mask, the DME opened the fit pack and threw the other size pillows into a desk drawer claiming insurance only paid for one pillow for the mask. If those pillows were resold, I doubt they were free of contamination.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Fit packs are only sold complete by some online dealers.
Many fit pack masks have free return insurance at cpap.com.
Fit packs help enrich DME's, who consider the extra parts their bonus.
SOP, folks. Not the battle I would pick . . .

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon May 28, 2018 2:39 pm

If they're a good price pick them up .. If worried about sanitation, clean them first, which is always a good idea...

I have seen packs of 2, 4, 6 and up of different pillows all opened but at great discounted prices.. Totally worth it for anyone..

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 28, 2018 4:02 pm

And easy enough to clean.

dream321

Post by dream321 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Well, I bought 1 Dreamwear cushion on Amazon. The description didn’t mention if it was from a fit pack, or a single sealed package. I just received it, opened the Amazon packet, and was from a fit pack; in a little ziplock bag that they come in. I got out my trusty black light, and....dust. Next, I examined carefully under regular light and it has faint traces of oil on it by the nasal opening.

So. Never again. I’m guessing some of these sellers buy these from individual cpap users who get a fit pack without even knowing if it’s been tried on. What are the odds when I return it, it will be sold to someone else? I say high.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Probably can't be much worse than UBER drivers. :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

dream321 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:27 pm
So. Never again. I’m guessing some of these sellers buy these from individual cpap users who get a fit pack without even knowing if it’s been tried on. What are the odds when I return it, it will be sold to someone else? I say high.
I got soap, I can fix that.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.