Feeling defeated

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jimmyhack

Feeling defeated

Post by Jimmyhack » Wed May 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Im a long time user (8 years plus). I recently an updated study done, but yet to get the results. I know its time for a new machine, mask, etc. i use the machine EVERY night. Im not sure when I will get the new equipment.

Guys, i dont know what else to do in the meantime. Currently im sleeping on the couch because my snoring keeps my wife from sleep. Im wearing a mask, chinstrap, and snore strip. I have a CPAP pillow. It just recently got this bad. Im about 30 pounds overweight. Im beginning to get tired during the day again.

As a long term user, i am uneducated in the settings on my machine.

Any advice would be awesome.

Muse-Inc

Re: Feeling defeated

Post by Muse-Inc » Wed May 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Try reading the newbie posts for information.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Start learning by figuring out which machine you have and request the clinical/provider manual from here and the manual will explain how to get to the clinical setup menu area where you can then learn about all your settings.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Soothest Sleep

Post by Soothest Sleep » Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 am

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to help get yourself back on track with your treatment.

As you read and discover new information, like your sleep study results, please return to this thread to post questions/concerns. That will keep your history all in one place and make it easier for the resident gurus to review your situation.

And when you've figured out your equipment, please add that information to your profile via the User Control Panel (sign in, then click your username at top right of page for a drop-down menu). Then that information will show up at the bottom of each of your posts, and you will reduce the number of times you are asked what things you use.

Jean
O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
Shutting, with careful fingers and benign,
Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embower'd from the light,
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine
-- John Keats

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu May 31, 2018 9:28 am

After eight years, I do suggest a new machine. I recommend an automatic that is data capable (either The Dream Station Auto or the Air Sense Autoset), and a humidifier. Be aware that both these machines have very similar looking cousins that are not automatic and do not have data capacity (other than compliance for insurance purposes).

However, machines could last much longer than that. I suggest that you keep your old one on hand as a spare.

It's likely that you need your pressure changed rather than that your machine is broken.

BTW, please add your current equipment to the profile for now, and update when you get the new equipment.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu May 31, 2018 11:31 am

Jimmyhack wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:38 pm
Im a long time user (8 years plus). I recently an updated study done, but yet to get the results. I know its time for a new machine, mask, etc. i use the machine EVERY night. Im not sure when I will get the new equipment.

Guys, i dont know what else to do in the meantime. Currently im sleeping on the couch because my snoring keeps my wife from sleep. Im wearing a mask, chinstrap, and snore strip. I have a CPAP pillow. It just recently got this bad. Im about 30 pounds overweight. Im beginning to get tired during the day again.

As a long term user, i am uneducated in the settings on my machine.

Any advice would be awesome.
If you have been a user for 8 years and you are still snoring that badly, your therapy is not maximized. Download Sleepyhead Software so we can see what an average night looks like. Instructions in my signature line. Tell us exactly what machine you are using and we can tell if it is compatable with Sleepyhead.