An Apria Tale wilth Good Ending for Me

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DxRxTx

An Apria Tale wilth Good Ending for Me

Post by DxRxTx » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Apria shipped the wrong size mask to me, despite the fact that I carefully had the order repeated twice to me for accuracy. I was told that the $162 retail ($32 copay) mask was not cost efficient to be picked up or shipped back. I was told to keep it or donate it. I sold it. It cost me $3.83 to ship across country. They shipped me the correct mask, which arrived the next day.

Neicy

Re: An Apria Tale wilth Good Ending for Me

Post by Neicy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm

I had the same thing happen with Apria. Then, a month later I got a bill in the mail for the correct mask saying it was not covered by insurance. Thank God they did not have my debit card information since at the time I had closed all my credit cards. It took a couple of months and many phone calls to get the bill fixed. They were always asking for a credit card number and I told them I didn't have one and they were not getting my debit card number. My doctor at the time said they were not supposed to be asking that and was shocked to hear that. I now have a different DME that has never asked for any billing information other than insurance, and they do not ship anything I am not eligible for. Hope they do better this time for you.

Additional Comments: 21/25 PS3 A work in progress.
Neicy
Non-treated AHI = 29 non-REM, 55 REM
Diagnosed Nov. 2011
Started CPAP Jan. 25, 2012

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:58 pm

I used them for ONE mask; and they insisted on an in-office fitting.
I had been wearing an identical mask for SEVERAL MONTHS.
I left permanently --without saying goodbye.
I had foolishly given them the number of my debit card,
but it was soon voided because of a massive breach. (Thanks, hackers.)

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:08 pm

I figure you have to 'earn' a nickname like Crapria. They certainly earned it with me.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 am

I've been using Crapria since 2010. There have been times I have beat my head against the wall screaming..... and there been times when I've cried like a baby... but, at the end of the day... I get what I want, I win and I get what I am due. Ticks me off just writing this....

Sheriff

knothead

Post by knothead » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 am

I just placed an order with Apria 2 weeks ago. Ordered new mask with headgear and cushion, 2 packs of filters, 2 extra cushions, climate hose and water tank. Order arrived the next week, happy dude. First order in about 2 years. I'm set for another 5 years at least...LOL.

DxRxTx

Post by DxRxTx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 am

I am mandated to use Apria. When I had no insurance befit for PAP supplies, I got my supplies elsewhere. I only pay Apria online with a credit card. Should anything go sideways (as it has a couple of times), the credit card issuer has been more than helpful in getting me a chargeback. As soon as I mention, "Apria," I don't even have to go into too much detail. They understand. I'm not worried.

I don't pay by check. Apria will takes months to investigate before they will cut a check. CREDIT CARD (not debit) will give me a chargeback very quickly.

knothead

Post by knothead » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am

DxRxTx wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 am
I am mandated to use Apria. I only pay Apria online with a credit card. Should anything go sideways (as it has a couple of times), the credit card issuer has been more than helpful in getting me a chargeback. As soon as I mention, "Apria," I don't even have to go into too much detail. They understand. I'm not worried.

When I had no insurance benefit for PAP supplies, I got my supplies elsewhere.
I get quite a bit of my supplies from other places, ebay & craigslist. :roll:

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 am

Crapria called yesterday and said my Fitlife Total Mask wasn't available any more.
They said I had to get the Mirage Quattro.
I asked did the Philips quit making the Fitlife, or you can't get it anymore ( I normally have to order it and it takes about 6 weeks to get).
She wouldn't answer the question and said I had to take the Quattro because it was the "closest thing to a Fitlife".
I said it was like comparing water to a rock.
Anyway, I said to send me the Resmed F20. The last time I was at Cpap.com, I tried one on and it felt good.
She said no... I was suppose to get the Quattro.
I said I wanted the F20.
She said she'd have to speak to the supervisor. When she got back she said I have to come in for a fitting to get the F20.
I started laughing and said that's ok... I tried one on the while back and it fit perfectly.
She said I'd have to have approval from a Respiratory therapist.
I said, "Let me speak to your supervisor."
She said she didn't have one.
I said let me speak to the person you spoke to when you put me on hold.
She said I needed to call the respiratory department.
She gave me the respiratory department number and I called it.
The lady ordered me the Fitlife Total face mask.

I think.... they think they can get away with this stuff if they can. More often than not... they can prey on the unsuspected.

Sheriff

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:54 am

This is just total CRAP!!!

Thank goodness you stuck to your guns and got what you needed.

Did you order a spare?

knothead

Post by knothead » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 am
Crapria called yesterday and said my Fitlife Total Mask wasn't available any more.
They said I had to get the Mirage Quattro.
I asked did the Philips quit making the Fitlife, or you can't get it anymore ( I normally have to order it and it takes about 6 weeks to get).
She wouldn't answer the question and said I had to take the Quattro because it was the "closest thing to a Fitlife".
I said it was like comparing water to a rock.
Anyway, I said to send me the Resmed F20. The last time I was at Cpap.com, I tried one on and it felt good.
She said no... I was suppose to get the Quattro.
I said I wanted the F20.
She said she'd have to speak to the supervisor. When she got back she said I have to come in for a fitting to get the F20.
I started laughing and said that's ok... I tried one on the while back and it fit perfectly.
She said I'd have to have approval from a Respiratory therapist.
I said, "Let me speak to your supervisor."
She said she didn't have one.
I said let me speak to the person you spoke to when you put me on hold.
She said I needed to call the respiratory department.
She gave me the respiratory department number and I called it.
The lady ordered me the Fitlife Total face mask.

I think.... they think they can get away with this stuff if they can. More often than not... they can prey on the unsuspected.

Sheriff

Gee Sheriff, sorry to hear they done you like this. I have changed masks several times no problems, even change sizes, no problem. They got ALL the items correct and arrived early to my door step. I'm thinking maybe new people hired or someone having a bad day??? Who knows why..... :x

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

The sheriff gives a very effective way to get around the intractable excuse train.
Asking to speak to the resident "expert" works--if anything will.