Over a month on CPAP, AHI 20.53

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Over a month on CPAP, AHI 20.53

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Uff Da wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:26 pm

CSR isn't a 'rattling sensation', it's a waxing and waning of breathing with central apneas in between the breaths.
Well, call it what you will. I felt a weird sensation, and wondered if it might be Cheynes Stokes, since I knew I'd had that about a week ago and some people refer to it as a rattle. And the SH report shows that at that time I did, in fact, have a CSR that lasted about 17 minutes - during the same time period I felt the sensation.
I'm not calling your sensation anything, I'm saying that CSR isn't a 'rattling sensation'... While some people may refer to CSR along with a 'death rattle', that doesn't mean it's a 'rattling sound' or 'sensation', merely that it sometimes shows up on people about to die.
A pattern of interrupted breathing called “Cheyne-Stokes breathing” may occur and for some there may be noisy breathing sometimes called “the death rattle”. Cheyne-Stokes breathing is a pattern of breathing often present in dying. The person takes several breaths followed by a pause in breathing of several seconds.

Two different things, happening at the same time.
Uff Da wrote:
palerider wrote:
What red line?
There is a tiny little red dash among the green on the pressure graph. I've seen it on other graphs, too, and wondered what it might refer to. Here, I'll extend that graph so it can be better seen.
Looks like a rendering glitch. It shouldn't be there.
Uff Da wrote:
palerider wrote:
also, don't shrink your charts. It makes them fuzzy and hard to read.
How can one NOT have to shrink one's charts if one is to get all the information side by side that is shown in the instructions I've seen for doing this (per link below) and that other people are showing in their posts? Are there different instructions elsewhere?

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
If using imgur, you select a "large thumbnail" which allows the viewer to click through to a full size image, like the instructions on the page you clicked to say.

Your shrunk ones look like this when trying to read them:

*NEVER SHRINK YOUR IMAGES*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Okay, let me try this again and see if it is any better. The preview looks a bit better, I guess. But there is no possible way I could get five charts on one screen, that is, add the flow limitation to this. Maybe it has to do with the proportions of the TV monitor I'm using.
Attachments
screenshot-20180610-153041.png
screenshot-20180610-153041.png (123.22 KiB) Viewed 13840 times

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:54 pm

You can resize the graphs individually so that each of the 4 is slightly smaller and will allow enough room to have a fifth graph without the graphs being too small to evaluate.

Take your mouse and hover over the bottom line of a graph until you see a small double line where the cursor is...when you see that cursor you can click and drag the box vertically and make the graph bigger or smaller vertically.

Here's one below where I made the pressure graph bigger so that I could see the pressure changes better.

Whatever you are evaluating though....you gotta get those leaks under better control. You can't really evaluate therapy pressures until you have some prolonged periods of time when not in such big leaks. You are essentially deep into large leak territory for the bulk of the night and so deep that it really puts the data shown into question.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Uff Da wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:46 pm
But there is no possible way I could get five charts on one screen, that is, add the flow limitation to this.
Oh yeah?

the event flag chart doesn't have to be so tall, and all the rest can be shrunk a little.
right click for full size.

I even made that in a smaller window, my normal screenshots look like this:

right click for full size.

That's my last night, if anybody cares.

( I use the mask pressure on mine, because i'm often zooming in to individual breaths, where the mask pressure line can tell me something, but for overview shots, the pressure line is more informative.)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Uff Da wrote:
palerider wrote:

CSR isn't a 'rattling sensation', it's a waxing and waning of breathing with central apneas in between the breaths.
Well, call it what you will. I felt a weird sensation, and wondered if it might be Cheynes Stokes, since I knew I'd had that about a week ago and some people refer to it as a rattle. And the SH report shows that at that time I did, in fact, have a CSR that lasted about 17 minutes - during the same time period I felt the sensation.
palerider wrote:
What red line?
There is a tiny little red dash among the green on the pressure graph. I've seen it on other graphs, too, and wondered what it might refer to. Here, I'll extend that graph so it can be better seen.
palerider wrote:
also, don't shrink your charts. It makes them fuzzy and hard to read.
How can one NOT have to shrink one's charts if one is to get all the information side by side that is shown in the instructions I've seen for doing this (per link below) and that other people are showing in their posts? Are there different instructions elsewhere?

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
Green is EPAP, Red is Pressure (IPAP). You have EPR turned off so they are essentially the same.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:38 pm

TedVPAP wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm
Green is EPAP, Red is Pressure (IPAP). You have EPR turned off so they are essentially the same.
While that's a lovely sounding theory, there's nothing besides a rendering glitch that would result in a bit of alleged IPAP to show up without any EPAP. :roll:

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 pm

the event flag chart doesn't have to be so tall, and all the rest can be shrunk a little.
So "never shrink your images" but
"all the rest can be shrunk a little."

Man, oh man, you guys know how to confuse a woman!

I even had to get my partner to download Sleepyhead to my computer for me and show me how to use it. All these computer details are overwhelming on top of the medical problems. I'll have to come back to Pugsy's instructions sometime when I might be better able to handle it. In the meantime, I'll just have to stick to the four charts I can fit on a page and have people ask if they need to see something more.

BTW, palerider, an AHI of 0.15? OMG! What was your original uncorrected AHI?

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:38 pm
TedVPAP wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm
While that's a lovely sounding theory, there's nothing besides a rendering glitch that would result in a bit of alleged IPAP to show up without any EPAP. :roll:
Whew! Well, I'm glad that's something I don't have to be concerned about! :D

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Uff Da wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 pm

So "never shrink your images" but
"all the rest can be shrunk a little."

Man, oh man, you guys know how to confuse a woman!
Fine, since you want to be that way.

NEVER SHRINK YOUR IMAGES!

SHORTEN the individual STRIP CHARTS so they fit.

The former causes fuzzyness and unreadability, the latter doesn't, unless you try to cram all the strip charts on one page.
Uff Da wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm
BTW, palerider, an AHI of 0.15? OMG! What was your original uncorrected AHI?
Beats me, I never had a sleep test... but, based on how terrible I felt... I'm sure it was quite high. It took work, knowledge, tweaking and experimentation to get to that point, and I try and share that knowledge with others.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:16 pm

The report above that was mine...with AHI 2.24...that's a bad night for me.
Normally I get nights like this one below and my AHI per my sleep study was over 50 in REM and near 15 in non REM.
This is what I see most nights. Occasionally have a bad night but I don't worry about it. Rare and I can't tell any difference in how I feel if the AHI is higher. Now others can feel the difference but I never have.

And there's a difference between shrinking the entire image and just manipulating the size of the individual graphs. The 4 you gave...that's fine for now. Like I said before...your biggest problem right now is sleep and leaks.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 am

Once in a while the planets align, I guess. No large leaks last night until I was laying in bed awake at the end of the recording time. And for the first time, I saw an AHI under 5.0. I'm really not expecting this to happen with this mask again, but at least I'm confident that the 3 inch cervical collar is going to prevent the jaw dropping, so I'll feel free to select a nasal mask at the DME on Thursday.

Interesting that last night I didn't have any OAs. And my pressure never reached 14. (My doctor wants pressures at 8 and 18). I had minimum set at 10.

I'm still spending a lot of my time laying in bed awake, though. Of the six hours recorded CPAP time last night, only about four hours were asleep. I'm up early now due to pain. I'll probably go back to bed after breakfast. That seems to be the time I can sleep the most readily, as after I eat my systolic blood pressure drops sometimes 40-50 points. I sleep like a baby when the BP gets low.
Attachments
screenshot-20180612-041007.png
screenshot-20180612-041007.png (122.85 KiB) Viewed 13762 times

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am

Unbelievable! Second night in a row of minimal mask leakage and a decent report. Still used my FFM, a 3-inch cervical collar, and a homemade mask liner. The only thing I did differently these last two nights was to add a small curved pillow under my knees to allow me to lie on my back longer before I had to start thrashing around to relieve the pain. It still didn't allow me to sleep with the mask on all night, but at least during the hours I had the mask on, the reduction in movement obviously reduced the mask leakage a great deal.

What's that black line from top to bottom of the flow rate chart?
Attachments
screenshot-20180613-073631.png
screenshot-20180613-073631.png (104.17 KiB) Viewed 13732 times

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am

Uff Da wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am
Who knows.. zoom in.

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am
Uff Da wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am
Who knows.. zoom in.
The only other line it seems to correspond with is the exp. time. But I don't know what that means, what exactly happened. And an increase in pressure occurred over the next few minutes. Is that related?
Attachments
CPAP 06-12-18 flow rate.png
CPAP 06-12-18 flow rate.png (24.21 KiB) Viewed 13713 times

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Looks like a data glitch nothing to worry about