Resmed Airsense for her

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Resmed Airsense for her

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 am

zonker wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:17 pm
palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:02 pm
prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

If you had actually read the clinical manual
Hey, I'm supposed to be the sarcastic jerk, quit horning in on my territory!
don't worry; you'll always be #1 in our hearts!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Except for the 'people' who consider me nothing but #2... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Vajrabell

Post by Vajrabell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:15 am

I’m glad you all are having so much fun with each other :lol:
The information from the manual was helpful but it doesn’t sound as if the women’s Resmed would be worth spending so much more on. I’m still hoping to hear from someone who has had some experience with these two machines.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 am

Vajrabell wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:15 am
The information from the manual was helpful but it doesn’t sound as if the women’s Resmed would be worth spending so much more on.
Eh?

Autoset: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... idair.html $883.
Autoset For Her: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... idair.html $883.

"so much more" than what?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 am

Vajrabell wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:15 am
The information from the manual was helpful but it doesn’t sound as if the women’s Resmed would be worth spending so much more on. I’m still hoping to hear from someone who has had some experience with these two machines.
Pugsy mentions using that mode in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=171852#p1254191

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:14 am

I am currently using the AirSense 10 for Her machine and in the special for Her mode. I got it mainly because I was curious to see that mode in action. It works well for my needs but I have also seen a couple of people who that mode didn't work so great and we couldn't ever really figure out why. It just wouldn't respond like it should sometimes and other times it worked great.

Don't let this scare you off if you are thinking your settings exceed 12 cm. It's not like the machine won't go higher...it will. I have seen it happen on my own reports because sometimes I need 16 to 18 cm. You just need to be having something else going along with an OA like flow limitations or snores for it go higher than 12.
Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.
Is it absolutely critical that someone uses this mode over the regular mode (which is also included in the for Her machine)????
I don't know the answer to that one. It's a maybe. The changes are less abrupt and for some people (male or female) the softer changes might let a person sleep better. I was never one of those people so I can't say if softer is better. I have used an ASV machine which has the most abrupt changes available and slept well right through them. So can't use me as an example that softer is all that important but it can be for some people. Is this something only a woman might appreciate....I don't think it is gender specific myself and I think that ResMed probably shot themselves in the foot a bit targeting women. What that other for her mode does could just as easily be potentially helpful for the male of the species but ResMed decided to target women.

Using cpap can sometimes not be so easy and if a different mode is available to try....and someone is having trouble adjusting and sleeping well then to my way of thinking the more weapons we have in the arsenal to fight with the better our chances of achieving success. That 3rd special mode is just another weapon in the arsenal. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. You don't have to use it if you want want to or need to but how do you know until you try something. Is it critical for most people? Probably not but what if a person is the 1 out of 25 (or whatever number) that might actually do better with that mode?

The biggest difference I have seen is when the machine decides to adjust the minimum higher when I have 2 OAs within the time frame. Sometimes I see it happen and sometimes there's no need. If it didn't do this for me in the middle of the night I might end up with an AHI where I would be needing to use a slightly higher minimum all night instead of part of the night.
Would this be the end of the world...of course not. I have done it for years with the other machines but I kinda like not having to use higher at the beginning of the night. I can do higher but lower is just easier and more comfortable for me.
I am always about easier and more comfort. :lol: Why use higher if I don't have to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:23 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 am
zonker wrote:
palerider wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:

Except for the 'people' who consider me nothing but #2... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apneaboard has knowledgeable people but appear to have a shortage of sarcastic jerks. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Perhaps you can find a place there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 am

Vajrabell wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 pm
I can probably get Kaiser to exchange my current machine for the Resmed, but I doubt for the women one. I'd have to buy it myself, and don't know if the difference between the two Resmed's is worth it. Thanks in advance for any information.
There is no difference in price between the two, either for you OR your insurance. The billing code for the two machines is identical to the Dreamstation you already have. You just need to demand they give you the machine YOU want. The extra "for Her" mode is worthwhile to have, even if it turns out you don't need it.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:56 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 am
zonker wrote:
palerider wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:

what you did there? i saw it.....
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Vajrabell

Post by Vajrabell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks Pugsy for your informative post. That does give me a better idea of what it does.
I have had to go through several layers of conniptions to get Kaiser to be willing to exchange the DreamStation for the AirSense 10 and then had to go through another wait because they substituted a fixed cpap for the auto one. Then they got me a DreamStation which didn't whine so they wanted me to give that a try first, which I have. Kaiser is not flexible about what machines they will supply. If I want the AirSense 10 I will have to get the one they supply. If I want the one with the options for women then I would have to shell out for it myself. So I'm trying to figure out if having those options will really make a big enough improvement to my sleep. If they were both equally supplied by Kaiser I would definitely take the for her option because like Pugsy said, why not increase your possibilities. I'm just not sure that those options will be really worth paying for the machine myself.
Thanks.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 pm

I know Kaiser is pretty much of the mind set "you take what we supply or you go get your own".

My suggestion....if you can get Kasier to give you the regular AirSense 10 AutoSet at no cost take it and see how you do with it. You will be lucky to get them to do that.
At some time in the future watch out of a killer hot deal on a For Her model if you still want to try it.
You might be so happy with the regular that it will no longer be an issue.
At some time in the future you might want a back up machine or a travel machine....at that time consider adding the For Her AutoSet.
That's how I ended up with the one I have. It was slightly used and I got a good deal on it. Couple hundred hours on it at less than half online retail.
Watch your local craigslist...sometimes some killer deals can be stumbled on locally.
Watch the forum...you never know what someone will have available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Vajrabell

Post by Vajrabell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks Pugsy. Sounds like good advice. I just want to check that I understand one thing. Is the "women's settings" a mode on the women's AirSense, not the whole machine? So that if I wanted to compare the two modes and I had the Women's Air Sense I could use just the regular mode or the woman's mode? Or does the woman's AirSense only come with that mode?
You've been very helpful. I appreciate it.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

The "AutoSet For Her" adds one more mode in addition to the normal AutoSet auto & fixed modes.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

The regular AirSense 10 AutoSet has 2 modes of operation
1....CPAP fixed pressure mode
2....AutoSet or auto adjusting mode...called apap for short
So it's like 2 machines in 1.

The AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her had 3 mode of operation
1...CPAP Fixed pressure mode
2...AutoSet or auto adjusting mode (same as the regular AutoSet)
3...the second AutoSet/apap/auto adjusting mode that is a special and different algorithm.
So it's like 3 machines in one.
Two different apap algorithm modes and the one fixed cpap mode.

You can read about it here. It's a combo manual.
https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf

Vajrabell

Post by Vajrabell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks again for the information.