Waking up and deep sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mouchet

Waking up and deep sleep

Post by Mouchet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

Good news my ahi are way down-about 2,2 even with mask leak at 20+. Is this possible?

Also after using a program that tracks movement I keep waking right away out of deep sleep.
How long is deep sleep?

I keep waking up with bad dreams or just no dreams but usually back to sleep in 30 min. Happens 4-6 times per night

Could this be rls, anxiety, bi polar, Anti-Depressant use. Today I awoke panicked and extremely stressed- that had to stop

Could this be from going from Cpap 9 power to 10 -13 . Average pressure is 11.5

Need some solutions

Use I have rls

canyouhearmeaya

Re: Waking up and deep sleep

Post by canyouhearmeaya » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:41 am

How are you tracking sleep stages? As far as I know, unless you're using an EEG (which I'm assuming you're not), it can't really be done. Most apps etc are working on total guess work.

The whole deams thing I can relate to, I often have multiple vivid dreams a night, often stressful in nature.. My sleep study showed a lot of arousal during REM sleep (and a higher AHI), which is usually to do with the fact that during REM, you enter a state of sleep paralysis and all of your muscles relax further, including those supporting your airway.

For me personally, I suspect recalling vivid dreams, is a sign of bad sleep.. (as it's often indicative that you're awaking during the REM cycle). I also suspect that dreams of a stressful nature might be triggered by the fact you're body is in a stressed state trying to breathe with difficulty.

I have also found that the nights I seem to have the worst sleep, I wake up in the stressed anxious state.. again, I suspect it's because you're quite literally in a stressed state during sleep from the sleep disordered breathing.

So IMO, it could be due to the fact your therapy is still not sufficient (you may have other issues with breathing outside of what your machine is scoring. AHI realistically is a pretty limited view of what's going on.) You might have residual RERAs that the machine can't detect. How do your flow limitations look on sleepyhead?

Equally, it could not be sleep related, and could be due to other psychological or physiological issue as mentioned.

lamar2217

Post by lamar2217 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:33 pm

Mouchet wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

Could this be rls, anxiety, bi polar, Anti-Depressant use. Today I awoke panicked and extremely stressed- that had to stop

Could this be from going from Cpap 9 power to 10 -13 . Average pressure is 11.5

Need some solutions

Use I have rls
Could be any of the above mentioned. Please discuss with your physicians.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 pm

Mouchet wrote:
Good news my ahi are way down-about 2,2 even with mask leak at 20+. Is this possible?
Please fill out your equipment profile. https://www.cpaptalk.com/ucp.php?i=prof ... pment_info
Mouchet wrote:
Anti-Depressant use
What are you taking? What other drugs and supplements are you taking?
Mouchet wrote:
Use I have rls
Are you treating it? Did your sleep study show any leg movements (PLMD)?
Mouchet wrote:
my ahi are way down-about 2,2
If you are using Sleepyhead, check how long your apneas are.

Mouchet

Post by Mouchet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 am

Ok so, here is a week of data.

The only change was last night went back to full face mask.
Dr. said that would prevent tongue from falling back and waking me up.
most recent to least recent.
Does that sound right?
Anything to note about data?
Also is this the correct data?

7-27

7-28
7-29

7-30

7-31

Mouchet

Post by Mouchet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:07 am

I notice my respiration rate jumps quite a bit...Is this normal, why is this happening? Is this a problem?