would be more active except having to login each time

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gwc2795

would be more active except having to login each time

Post by gwc2795 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:28 am

Is there a way to avoid have to login each time I want to reply? I am more active on apneaboard because I am automatically logged in.

Pugsy

Re: would be more active except having to login each time

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:37 am

When you are logging in just put a check mark in the "remember me" box before clicking on log in button.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Uff Da

Post by Uff Da » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am

If you run a program that clears your cookies regularly, even with the "remember me" checked, you'll have to log in again. To avoid that, I usually clear cookies only once or twice a week.

gwc2795

Post by gwc2795 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Thanks. I have checked the remember me box

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Sometimes I forget the REAL reason cookies are there--and I leave them alone.
I really should delete them more often.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:38 pm
Sometimes I forget the REAL reason cookies are there--and I leave them alone.
I really should delete them more often.
Just like in real life, some cookies are better than others.

There are plugins, and settings, that can be used to get rid of less useful cookies.

Cookies like the ones that let you stay logged in are handy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:48 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm
Yeah, I get a rude reminder of just how annoying trying to remember multiple log in ids and passwords every time I clear the cookies.
I finally said screw it and I just leave the cookies...I don't ever go to bad places anyway and for some shopping website it I block the cookies it's a lot more work to see the price for something.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Worst yet, many sites now won't let you see or use their "Free" content without email and cookies. If you allow them access it's Email Trash forever. I make it a point to usually leave, and never ever buy their products. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:48 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm
Yeah, I get a rude reminder of just how annoying trying to remember multiple log in ids and passwords every time I clear the cookies.
I finally said screw it and I just leave the cookies...I don't ever go to bad places anyway and for some shopping website it I block the cookies it's a lot more work to see the price for something.
Usually, your 'shopping cart' is based on cookies that the website puts on your machine... refuse cookies, break the cart.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:05 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:01 pm
Usually, your 'shopping cart' is based on cookies that the website puts on your machine... refuse cookies, break the cart
No it wasn't that.
It was places like Home Deport and Lowes and when I had cookies blocked then anything I wanted to see the price on I would get a little box for each and every one to enter my zip code first. Never even got to the cart stage.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:05 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:01 pm
Usually, your 'shopping cart' is based on cookies that the website puts on your machine... refuse cookies, break the cart
No it wasn't that.
It was places like Home Deport and Lowes and when I had cookies blocked then anything I wanted to see the price on I would get a little box for each and every one to enter my zip code first. Never even got to the cart stage.
Ah, yeah, cuz it stores a cookie letting the website know what your favorite store is when you're looking stuff up.

Depending on your browser, you can set it up to allow cookies for certain sites, and not for others... so you can block some, allow some for a limited time, and always allow others.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:02 pm

At Sam's Club, the "Free-osk" detects your phone and the screen lights up.
My phone lights up when I walk into several stores. Creepy.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Use CCleaner instead of manually cleaning, and place cookies you want to keep in the 'cookies to keep' box. That's what I do anyway.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Mark55 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:29 pm
Use CCleaner instead of manually cleaning, and place cookies you want to keep in the 'cookies to keep' box. That's what I do anyway.
I tried that...didn't work right. I used to use CCleaner all the time but for some reason I couldn't always protect the cookies from the websites I wanted to keep their cookies. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong. Sigh...some things I am good at computer wise and somethings I am not so good at. I have come to accept my limitations and also my desire to not expend any more mental energy trying to fix it. :lol: I only have so much energy (mental and physical) and I have elected to expend it on things that I deem more important and less stressful to me. :lol: :lol:

My main problem with places like Lowes and Home Depot came about when I did some customization in my browser to severely limit cookie placing in the first place. I went through a period in my life where I was greatly annoyed with pop up ads from cpap places when I would go read a news story or something. I knew it was all related to the cookies on my computer so I severely restricted cookie placement...stopped the damn ads for cpap stuff (got replaced by random ads not target to me) but the majority of any shopping websites wouldn't work properly for me.

So I figured if I can't beat them then I would join them and actually have come to rather like how Amazon takes my browsing history and offers new products that are similar because often their suggestions are better than my original choice. :lol:

Now I just clean out only the really old cookies when I feel like it..sort of like when I feel like cleaning my cpap stuff...when I feel like it.
Oh...speaking of cleaning cpap equipment...I cleaned my water chamber last night...and was carrying it to the bedroom and it flew out of my hands onto the hardwood floor...and you guessed it...leaked afterwards.
I am no longer cleaning the water chamber unless I tape it to my body and put a pillow over it to protect it in transit from kitchen to bedroom...this is the 2nd one I have messed up the seal within 7 months.
Fortunately I had a spare on hand (learned my lesson the first time) and have already ordered another spare.
Plus I expanded my vocabulary with some new bad words. :shock:

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:52 pm

How did your repair on your last leaky water tank turn out? :wink: