SleepyHead won't work WWindows 10?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
prodigyplace

Re: SleepyHead won't work WWindows 10?

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 am

Midwest_non_sleeper wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:45 am
prodigyplace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:44 am
The path originally listed indicated some Intel client. My research was vague but it appeared to be something about licensing. Ssleay32.dll is a pretty common old encryption library used for security.

It is possible SH is trying to use a library from something that was improperly uninstalled.
ssleay32.dll has nothing to do with SH. I've got SH installed on two machines and neither one even has ssleay32.dll registered on it (cmd: dir ssleay32.dll /s). It's being called from something else, and without having direct access to OPs machine, it would difficult to determine exactly what that is. But I do agree with one point, it is a remnant of an old library, it's probably just being called from machine boot as opposed to SH doing it.
OK I know SleepyHead uses SSL encryption for its updates. It must use some other library for that.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 am
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:45 am
prodigyplace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:44 am
The path originally listed indicated some Intel client. My research was vague but it appeared to be something about licensing. Ssleay32.dll is a pretty common old encryption library used for security.

It is possible SH is trying to use a library from something that was improperly uninstalled.
ssleay32.dll has nothing to do with SH. I've got SH installed on two machines and neither one even has ssleay32.dll registered on it (cmd: dir ssleay32.dll /s). It's being called from something else, and without having direct access to OPs machine, it would difficult to determine exactly what that is. But I do agree with one point, it is a remnant of an old library, it's probably just being called from machine boot as opposed to SH doing it.
OK I know SleepyHead uses SSL encryption for its updates. It must use some other library for that.
I agree. If SH were using that library for SSL, then it would likely have its own copy within the SH subdirectory anyway. ssleay32.dll isn't a global dll, meaning that it doesn't automatically get included and registered with a Windows install, which means that not every machine will have it, so if it was required by SH, then it should be included in the SH subdirectory. No, this sounds like another program is trying to autoload per that dynamic link library before OP even starts Sleepyhead. Anyway, we haven't heard from the OP, so no way to tell if anything they have tried has worked.

Of course, I could be totally off base here, I'm a computer forensic examiner, not a programmer.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:19 pm

You examine dead computers? :LOL:

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:42 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:19 pm
I professionally examine dead box systems (unplugged from power source without shutting down, popular method of getting a PC back to the lab, not so much in use anymore before triage of live memory), live systems, all manner of drives, including all SD, MicroSD, thumbdrives, external drives, Macs, Linux, Windows and all mobile devices and cellphones, including the filesystems and any previously connected peripherals. I also do some video work in the form of DVR, etc.

Essentially, I get back things that people wish to keep hidden. Usually criminal things.

So...yes, I suppose I do examine dead computers :lol: I managed to pull a physical image off of a mechanical disk drive that had been submerged at the bottom of a lake for a week.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:42 pm
noise wrote:
I professionally examine dead box systems (unplugged from power source without shutting down, popular method of getting a PC back to the lab, not so much in use anymore before triage of live memory), live systems, all manner of drives, including all SD, MicroSD, thumbdrives, external drives, Macs, Linux, Windows and all mobile devices and cellphones, including the filesystems and any previously connected peripherals. I also do some video work in the form of DVR, etc.

Essentially, I get back things that people wish to keep hidden. Usually criminal things.

So...yes, I suppose I do examine dead computers :lol: I managed to pull a physical image off of a mechanical disk drive that had been submerged at the bottom of a lake for a week.
Amazing how a quick google can keep one from coming across as a fool.
fo·ren·sic, noun, plural noun: forensics

scientific tests or techniques used in connection with the detection of crime.
informal
a laboratory or department responsible for tests used in detection of crime.
Computer forensic examiners are investigators who are experts in gathering, recovering, analyzing, and presenting data evidence from computers and other digital media related to computer-based and non-cyber crimes. They might work on cases concerning identity theft, electronic fraud, and various types of scams.
Some people here just like to flout their ignorance.

Last edited by palerider on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:20 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 pm
noise wrote:

Amazing how a quick google can keep one from coming across as a fool. "Computer forensic examiners are investigators who are experts in gathering, recovering, analyzing, and presenting data evidence from computers and other digital media related to computer-based and non-cyber crimes. They might work on cases concerning identity theft, electronic fraud, and various types of scams."

Eh, I took it as a joke.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:20 pm
palerider wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 pm
noise wrote:

Amazing how a quick google can keep one from coming across as a fool. "Computer forensic examiners are investigators who are experts in gathering, recovering, analyzing, and presenting data evidence from computers and other digital media related to computer-based and non-cyber crimes. They might work on cases concerning identity theft, electronic fraud, and various types of scams."

Eh, I took it as a joke.
Could be.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Forensics is not a joke.
Much police work is done by technicians these days.
I thank you for your service.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm

It was meant as a joke since much of forensics is dealing with the deceased.

I agree in giving thanks for your service & dedication.

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm having the same kind of problem where SH stops responding on my W10.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:05 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm
It was meant as a joke since much of forensics is dealing with the deceased.

I agree in giving thanks for your service & dedication.
That's why I took it as a joke. We have a pretty dark sense of humor, sort of a coping mechanism. :D

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:22 am

pdeli wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:44 pm
I'm having the same kind of problem where SH stops responding on my W10.
Have you tried the "BrokenGL" version that installed too? Some graphics card have issues with the default OpenGL support on that version of SleepyHead.
I believe it is in the same directory as the SleepyHead program.

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:25 am

It turns that the problem that I was having was that after installing SH, the process of importing data provides no indication that anything is happening, and at some point a "Sleepyhead is not responding" prompt appears. It turns out that something was happening, and the import was actually being downloaded. Of course I don't know if this relates to the problems others have had, but for me I only needed to be very patient.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:32 am

pdeli wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:25 am
It turns that the problem that I was having was that after installing SH, the process of importing data provides no indication that anything is happening, and at some point a "Sleepyhead is not responding" prompt appears. It turns out that something was happening, and the import was actually being downloaded. Of course I don't know if this relates to the problems others have had, but for me I only needed to be very patient.
This happens to me like clockwork if I don't write-protect my SD card first. After that's done, it imports lickity split no problem.