Receiving Supplies and Water Chambers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mottzzz

Receiving Supplies and Water Chambers

Post by mottzzz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:00 pm

With a previous company, I believe a new water chamber was always included with my new supplies. I'm with a new company now and they didn't send me a water chamber. They also sent me the wrong parts, so I had to call and ask them to send me the correct stuff. But they also said that they only send a new water chamber when it's requested. Do you automatically get a new water chamber or do you have to request one?

ChicagoGranny

Re: Receiving Supplies and Water Chambers

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:03 pm

mottzzz wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:00 pm
Do you automatically get a new water chamber or do you have to request one?
I only get what I need when it is needed. Keep a backup tank in case one fails. Most parts and supplies last a long time. Don't be wasteful.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:08 pm

mottzzz wrote:
Do you automatically get a new water chamber or do you have to request one?
It depends on the insurance rules. With my insurance I have to request anything and everything. I am fine with that because I don't want to get, have to stock pile and pay for...stuff I don't need or won't need for quite some time.

Most people won't be needing a new water chamber every 6 months. It's always good to have one spare just in case you drop it and break it or the seal but beyond that they will last a lot longer than 6 months.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:21 pm

mottzzz wrote:
With a previous company, I believe a new water chamber was always included with my new supplies.
How long were you getting the tanks? What did you do with the extra ones? Unless you threw away all the tanks in use when a new one arrived, you should have a few at least. If you did throw them away, what a waste.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:42 pm

mottzzz wrote:
With a previous company, I believe a new water chamber was always included with my new supplies. I'm with a new company now and they didn't send me a water chamber. They also sent me the wrong parts, so I had to call and ask them to send me the correct stuff. But they also said that they only send a new water chamber when it's requested. Do you automatically get a new water chamber or do you have to request one?
What machine?
How do you wear out or ruin a water chamber (tank)?
Did you save the old ones? ( If not, why not? )

In 13+ years, I've never worn one out or ruined any.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I am still using the original water chamber and hose that came with my CPAP 4+ years ago. Water chambers don't wear out and if you use distilled water they stay clean..Why would you need replacements with your regular supplies. In fact...why do you need regular supplies for anything. When something breaks or wears out, call and order. Just because you can get something doesn't mean you have to.

mottzzz

Post by mottzzz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 pm

With my old Fisher & Paykel, they just sent me everything and I just threw out the old stuff. I didn't really know anything, I guess.

Now I have a AirSense 10 and a different supplier company. So I was surprised when they said they only provided the chamber on request.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Who or what is your insurance with now?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mottzzz

Post by mottzzz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:59 pm

My insurance is Aetna now, but I don't remember what it was years ago when I was getting supplies from a different company.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:21 pm

It's very possible that your insurance has implemented some restrictions on what is allowed to be "auto shipped" and what can't be "auto shipped".
It's also possible that the DME has implemented some in house rules of their own about what items can be auto shipped and what can't.

It is what it is...how much trouble is it to just call them up and tell them what you need?
If you have a copay involved or deductible to meet...no sense in paying for something unless you need it and will use it unless you got money to burn.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:29 pm

LSAT wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 pm
Water chambers don't wear out and if you use distilled water they stay clean..
Water Chambers don't wear out.

I haven't ever had to replace one, I have vinegared them now and then, they look like new.

The only reason to replace one is if it starts leaking, like if it's dropped, (glances at Pugsy :wink: ).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:09 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:29 pm
The only reason to replace one is if it starts leaking, like if it's dropped, (glances at Pugsy :wink: ).
Yep...dropped one and the other one the aliens knocked it right out of my hands and it went flying across the room before falling to the floor and screwing up the seal ever so slightly.
I have since decided that the seal could also fail if someone bumps the sink or faucet just right.
Now when I move it or take it to be cleaned....it goes on the bed and then wrapped in a towel to protect it.
Screwing up 2 of them in less than 6 months taught me a lesson.
But to be fair...in 9 years on cpap those 2 were the only ones I ever broke. :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:09 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:29 pm
Yep...dropped one and the other one the aliens knocked it right out of my hands and it went flying across the room before falling to the floor and screwing up the seal ever so slightly.
I have since decided that the seal could also fail if someone bumps the sink or faucet just right.
Now when I move it or take it to be cleaned....it goes on the bed and then wrapped in a towel to protect it.
Screwing up 2 of them in less than 6 months taught me a lesson.
But to be fair...in 9 years on cpap those 2 were the only ones I ever broke. :lol:
/Me suggests getting a tennis ball to play fetch with the 🐕 with ;-)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jim22

Post by jim22 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:26 pm

I had the latch fail on one. Now I keep a spare on hand, and I don't unlatch the lid as often as I used to.
Jim

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm

jim22 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:26 pm
I had the latch fail on one. Now I keep a spare on hand, and I don't unlatch the lid as often as I used to.
Jim
That does not help with the Airsense 10. It must be removed from the machine and opened up to fill it.
I am still using my original tank from 18 months ago on my AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.