SleepyHead report & any tips for a newbie?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lucas7bm

SleepyHead report & any tips for a newbie?

Post by lucas7bm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:14 am

Well, last night was my third night using CPAP and I would like to get some opinions and tips to a few things.

1) As far as I can tell, my SleepyHead report is pretty good, but I could use some tips if there's any. Is there anything that you guys can see that would indicate some issue? There was one large leak and a few apneas, anything to be alarmed?
2) I believe it's normal, but I'm feeling that most of the time I'm not really into deep sleep stages, probably because I'm still getting used to it and it takes more time for me to get to sleep - and maybe I'm aroused more easily with it, too. I'm also constantly thinking about maintaining my mouth shut to avoid leaks and dry mouth, which could explain why I'm taking a little more time to unwind and sleep. I was never a mouth breather, but I noticed that some nights my jaw would fall and I don't want this to become a habit. Anyway, were your first days using CPAP like this? Any advice?

Anyway, using a CPAP has been so much easier and more comfortable than I expected. When I did the exam with a CPAP, they gave me a super noisy old System One machine and it scared me a little. How glad I was to discover that my Airsense 10 is suuuuper quiet. With my pressure settings, I can't even hear it, actually. My dreamwear is also very quiet and comfortable, and I really think it was a great choice.
I owe a lot to this forum and I'm glad that I learned a lot before choosing what would become my treatment equipment for - probably - years. I would like to thank you all for every one of your kind answers to questions I had before. It was so important and I believe it's the reason why I'm much more comfortable and happy with my treatment.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-09-02 11-25-55.png
SleepyHead report, Sep 1.
Screenshot from 2018-09-02 11-25-55.png (252.21 KiB) Viewed 553 times
"Act as if the maxims of your action were to become through your will a universal law of nature." (KANT, Immanuel)

Julie

Re: SleepyHead report & any tips for a newbie?

Post by Julie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:58 am

You might want to look into wearing a soft cervical collar to keep your head up and jaw (if not lips) closed. They sell them at pharmacies carrying other small devices for different conditions. Otherwise, your report looks great.

lucas7bm

Post by lucas7bm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Julie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:58 am
You might want to look into wearing a soft cervical collar to keep your head up and jaw (if not lips) closed.
I heard about those cervical collars here and it seems that some people really do well with them. I will consider buying one if I can't keep my mouth shut.
Thanks, Julie!
"Act as if the maxims of your action were to become through your will a universal law of nature." (KANT, Immanuel)

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:33 pm

lucas7bm wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 pm
Julie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:58 am
You might want to look into wearing a soft cervical collar to keep your head up and jaw (if not lips) closed.
I heard about those cervical collars here and it seems that some people really do well with them. I will consider buying one if I can't keep my mouth shut.
Thanks, Julie!
Your leaks are great and so are your numbers. No need to worry about mouth breathing in these graphs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Actually your leaks are better managed than mine :lol: :lol: and as long as leaks don't wake you up....I wouldn't be doing anything different.

If you are doing any mouth breathing it sure isn't very much and I wouldn't be wearing a cervical collar just to help keep the mouth shut unless the mouth was opening a lot and disturbing my sleep.

If that was my report I would sit back and give it time unless there was something happening that was causing me to wake up often that was related to mask, leak or pressures.

There's no urgent need to do anything different based on the report itself. Pretty darn good looking report.

Give yourself some time to get used to all this stuff.
lucas7bm wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:14 am
Is there anything that you guys can see that would indicate some issue? There was one large leak and a few apneas, anything to be alarmed?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lucas7bm

Post by lucas7bm » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:10 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:03 pm
Actually your leaks are better managed than mine :lol: :lol:
Well, that's unexpected :lol:
Thanks, guys, last night was even smoother than the last three ones, and I am even feeling a little refreshed (and this would never happen to me at 8 AM before :lol: ).
Again, thank you all for your kind help! <3