Reducing EPR

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rzw

Reducing EPR

Post by rzw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:02 pm

So, I keep a steady pressure of 11.2 but I have been using EPR at level 2....not really for comfort but for aerophagia......but I have it under control thru other discoveries etc.....I would like to stop using EPR....I just think it makes for better therapy with a constant air pressure.....My silly question for those who may have experience, if I were to reduce epr to 0, so its not in use, it would make sense to me, that my constant pressure at 11.2 might need to come down some...…Any thoughts...

Wulfman...

Re: Reducing EPR

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 pm

rzw wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:02 pm
So, I keep a steady pressure of 11.2 but I have been using EPR at level 2....not really for comfort but for aerophagia......but I have it under control thru other discoveries etc.....I would like to stop using EPR....I just think it makes for better therapy with a constant air pressure.....My silly question for those who may have experience, if I were to reduce epr to 0, so its not in use, it would make sense to me, that my constant pressure at 11.2 might need to come down some...…Any thoughts...
Try it..........you might like it.

After a number of years of using C-Flex on my Respironics machines, I turned it off and wondered why I didn't do it much sooner. It also cut my AHI and other numbers in about half. ( AHI from 0.4 to 0.2 )

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm

rzw wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:02 pm
*need* to? no... Still work if you lower the pressure? maybe. you'd have to try.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

rzw

Post by rzw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 pm

thank you