F30 Review

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bigdave36

F30 Review

Post by bigdave36 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:28 am

I received my F30 0n Friday and have worn it the last 2 nights. So far, not so good. I bought a Medium and that matches with the sizing template that came with it. I also take a Med with the Amara View.
I cant seem to get it right yet. When I tighten the straps to stop the leaks it puts to much pressure on my nose, which hurts. No biggie, just hard to get comfortable. To loose or to tight and the head gear straps dig into the upper or lower part of my ears. I haven't been able to find the sweet spot yet, despite efforts before and during bedtime.
Kinda frustrated so far. I gotta work early for the next few days, but will try a bit more after that.
It may be a fine mask for some, just my opinion

LSAT

Re: F30 Review

Post by LSAT » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am

I never rush to buy new products until they have been out in the market a while. I like to see reactions.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:36 am

Right there with you Dave. After 2 nights of fighting with it all night, I packed it up this morning to send it back. Same problems you are having. It just does not fit my face and head. Also the cushion has uncomfortable edges on it, it feels like it is digging into my skin, even when it is so loose it it leaking. Going back to the P10. I felt like it was pulling on my neck, and the headgear is lumpy to lay on.

Stom

Post by Stom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:17 am

Cardsfan wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:36 am
I felt like it was pulling on my neck
That's the problem I have with both the f20 and the Dreamwear FF. The headgear goes to the back of the neck and the fit changes if I move my head. The F30 gear looks like it may have that issue even more so,
Official Foe™ on @Palerider's public list of foes. ;-)

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:10 pm

I felt like I had an octopus with all his 8 arms wrapped around my head. Pulling in all different directions, all the straps are adjustable. When I had a leak, (frequent) there was no way to know which of the 5 straps needed adjusting. I just fought with it for 2 nights and gave up. It shouldn't be that hard to adjust. My mask fit option on my machine said I had a good fit (laying down). But if I moved an Inch, I had farting noises and leaks.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:13 pm

The other big annoyance, was the sensation of air blowing across my lips. When I inhaled, I could feel a breeze of air blowing across my lips, from the bottom of my chin up towards my nose. I only felt this on inhale breath, which was very annoying.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Is this more or less ResMed's equivalent to the PR Amara View? With fancier headgear and quieter diffuse venting of course. I couldn't get the Amara View or DreamWear FFMs to work at all so I am hesitant to waste my time with this mask.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Stom

Post by Stom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:08 pm

raisedfist wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:32 pm
Is this more or less ResMed's equivalent to the PR Amara View? With fancier headgear and quieter diffuse venting of course. I couldn't get the Amara View or DreamWear FFMs to work at all so I am hesitant to waste my time with this mask.
ResMed now claims the f30 is preferred 2 to 1 over the Dream wear FF! Er, but that was in a study of a whopping 23 people, testing just the DWFF vs. the f30, and even that stat was probably from a forced choice survey to state a preference, even if they didn't like either.

I couldn't get the DWFF to work for me - it just won't seal below the lip for me even though the F20 does. I'm going to give this a try, but only because the sponsor gives return insurance on this mask. I need to be sure to follow the the policy closely, because I think cap.com is going to get a lot of returns of the F30 masks (which went out without so much as a sizing guide from ResMed) and it seems possible they're going to be very strict about the return insurance policy.

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:00 pm

I wish Resmed made a FIT PACK for this mask with the Small and Medium cushion included. I ordered the SMALL, and am returning it. I wonder if the Medium would have worked better, but I'll never know. It isn't worth the time for me to re order the size medium and then have to possibly return it too.

chasmodeus

Post by chasmodeus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:42 am

Cardsfan wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:00 pm
I wish Resmed made a FIT PACK for this mask with the Small and Medium cushion included. I ordered the SMALL, and am returning it. I wonder if the Medium would have worked better, but I'll never know. It isn't worth the time for me to re order the size medium and then have to possibly return it too.
I want to order this mask but no one has posted any sort of sizing information or guides. I've seen that they include a sizing guide with the mask, but that does no one any good! We need the sizing guide BEFORE we buy it, not after if they're only going to include one cushion size!

Stom

Post by Stom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:36 am

chasmodeus wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:42 am
I want to order this mask but no one has posted any sort of sizing information or guides. I've seen that they include a sizing guide with the mask, but that does no one any good! We need the sizing guide BEFORE we buy it, not after if they're only going to include one cushion size!
Yes, it is quite strange that ResMed hasn't posted a PDF of the fitting template on-line or just listed the measurement. They do have a video of the template being used. It's a really simple one. It only cares about the max width of the outside of your nose from underneath. Length is not considered. A poster at the other forum said that based on the template, under 33mm wide is "small" but I haven't been able to confirm that number. Anyone who's gotten theirs already should be able to get back with a measurement from the fit template.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am
I never rush to buy new products until they have been out in the market a while. I like to see reactions.
3 or 4? Or laggard?

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm

I just found out about this mask and want to try it...I did not have much luck with the dreamwear FFM, it leaked on the sides pretty bad...but I'm willing to give this one a shot...I just got a resupply on my N20 so I gotta wait 3 months before I can get a refit....man, loved my N20 up until recently...I lost 44 lbs and had to readjust the mask and still can't find that sweet spot...i'm getting lil leaks throughout the night on top of the nose and it shoots into my eyes...drives me nuts....seemed to work great when my face was a lil thicker...lol

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

Gaurhoth

Post by Gaurhoth » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm

These reviews sound discouraging. I'm hoping we'll still hear from some people that actually like the F30 (I realize that forums tend to be biased negative because happy people don't really speak out much).

I've only been on cpap for 17 days and having trouble with the nuance nasal pillows. I did great on them during my study, but having issues with mouth breathing at home. I'm really trying to avoid having something over the bridge of my nose.

My DME only offers a single refit/replacement mask before it starts being out of pocket. Still planning to try the F30 in a few weeks when DME gets them in. At worst, ins pays for the more expensive masks. If I end up not liking it and having to buy out of pocket, the other FFMs will likely be cheaper than if I did it the other way around.