Resmed s10 question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pandatx

Resmed s10 question

Post by pandatx » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:50 am

I have mild to moderate apnea. My current machine is an s9 auotset. I just started with a mew sleep dr in our new state and she said I am eligible for a new machine. She ordered a Resmed s10 (but not autoset). Can anyone give me input on the basic s10 vs the autoset (elite)? Is the autoset necessary with mild apnea?

LSAT

Re: Resmed s10 question

Post by LSAT » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 am

Insist on the Autoset...Insurance pays the same regardless of which machine you get. Autoset has options that are not available on fixed pressure machines
Some Airsense 10's do not supply data. The correct name for the machine is Airsense 10...There is no S10 CPAP machine

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am

3 AirSense 10 models. They are all "CPAP" machines and insurance pays the same for all of them because they all use HCPCS billing code E0601.

AirSense 10 CPAP.....very basic cpap..fixed pressure only and very limited data available....don't accept this one at all.

AirSense 10 Elite....full efficacy data machine but fixed pressure only...one mode of operation...cpap mode.

AirSense 10 AutoSet....full efficacy data machine but has 2 modes of operation...one being fixed pressure mode and the other being the auto adjusting (apap) mode ...so like 2 machines in one.
And this is the machine I would want even if I only needed fixed pressures at this time because sometimes that apap mode comes in real handy.

Severity of the OSA plays no part in which machine doing what function might work best for you.

I don't know what your settings were on the S9 AutoSet ...but I wouldn't want anything less than what I had been using if it were me.

When is apap mode useful? Various times for any number of reasons but especially when pressure needs vary during the night like when related to sleeping position or sleep stages when with both it's common to see pressure needs vary widely. Lets you use lower pressures when it works and the higher pressures only when needed....otherwise you have to use higher all night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:11 am

Thank you so much for the replies! I don’t know how I missed them but I jusr saw them this morning. I was wrong...my doctor did order the autoset. Really appreciate the input!

FifthAvenue

Post by FifthAvenue » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:39 am

You have a wise physician. The Autoset is the way to go.

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Just picked up my new machine today. Never thought I’d be so excited to get a cpap machine, lol

Bwchase

Post by Bwchase » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Just wait until you are getting some great sleep.
Really can be a life changer!