Irritating dentist drill sound from cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goldie54914

Irritating dentist drill sound from cpap

Post by Goldie54914 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am

It's coming from my cpap tank (where the humidifier is). I have never had this sound until like a couple weeks ago. It's the swivel part of the tank that is making the noise. Whenever I move my hose around, it makes that noise. I replaced my equipment and it's still acting up. I have ran the machine without water and it works fine, no sound but the inside of my nose is sore and dry, so I had to go back to the humidifier. It's still acting up! I did a search on this through this board and no luck. My machine and equipment is listed below: My question is has anyone had this problem before with this brand? What did you do in order to correct the problem (Did you go and get fixed at your dealer or did you fix it on your own). (I am thinking that I am going in tomorrow to get it looked at.)? Please help! Thank you in advance.

greatunclebill

Re: Irritating dentist drill sound from cpap

Post by greatunclebill » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:13 pm

there are rubber seals from where the air comes to the humidier to the elbow the humidified air comes out. You can buy and replace the seals. my guess is one of the seals is wearing out and causing the noise.

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-humidifier-pa ... fier-parts

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Goldie54914

Re: Irritating dentist drill sound from cpap

Post by Goldie54914 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Thank you for responding, I went to my supplier/fix it people today and It looks like I am getting a new machine. I am supposed to get it in four-five weeks. For now, they gave me a loaner to use. I hope the new machine will be like this one, it is easier to carry on the shoulder and less bulkier.