Query - AirCurve 10 versions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimW159

Query - AirCurve 10 versions

Post by JimW159 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 am

My sleep doc called me yesterday saying she will be ordering a new AirCurve 10 for me. In so, she stated it would be a 10 S - at the time I gave it little thought because she already knows I currently use an AirCurve 10 VAuto. After additional thought I have come to the belief that she was not being generic in her statement (lumping all AirCurve 10s into an inaccurate S10 designation). Rather, I now think she was being specific in stating AirCurve 10 S - I would rather stick with the VAuto or perhaps the ASV. Can anyone help me with a rationale for either as opposed to the S? While I don't think she would find much to object to in either case, I would at least like to sound like I had given it rational thought. Something on the order of "I prefer the XXX vs the YYY or the 10S , because it 1) - 2) - 3) etc."

Okie bipap

Re: Query - AirCurve 10 versions

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:29 am

Are you currently using a single pressure (say 10 cm), or a range of pressures (say 10 to 15 cm). If you use a set pressure, the Air Curve 10S will work quite well. If you use a range of pressures, you need the Air Curve VAUTO.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:55 am

There are significant differences between these machines. About a year from now I will be asking the same questions again. I know I will only accept an ASV, but I am uncertain about the choice between Phillips and Resmed.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:55 am

The best argument for the VAuto is that sometimes the pressure needs vary during the night and when using auto adjusting mode it lets a person get by with lower pressures for the parts of the night when lower pressures work fine and use higher pressures only when needed....like when on their back or during REM sleep. For some people the difference is significant and for others not so significant.

I sometimes need 16 to 18 cm during REM...other parts of the night I can get by with 7 to 10 cm.
If I didn't use an auto adjusting machine I would have to use 16 to 18 all night long....not much fun. I could do it I suppose but it sure isn't very comfortable and makes for sleeping better much more difficult when I have to fight the higher pressure. I tried it once on a fixed pressure machine using 13...not much fun. Sure didn't want to try higher all night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:20 am

JimW159 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 am
My sleep doc called me yesterday saying she will be ordering a new AirCurve 10 for me. In so, she stated it would be a 10 S - at the time I gave it little thought because she already knows I currently use an AirCurve 10 VAuto. After additional thought I have come to the belief that she was not being generic in her statement (lumping all AirCurve 10s into an inaccurate S10 designation). Rather, I now think she was being specific in stating AirCurve 10 S - I would rather stick with the VAuto or perhaps the ASV. Can anyone help me with a rationale for either as opposed to the S? While I don't think she would find much to object to in either case, I would at least like to sound like I had given it rational thought. Something on the order of "I prefer the XXX vs the YYY or the 10S , because it 1) - 2) - 3) etc."
The S model is cheaper... that's the *ONLY* advantage to it... since the Vauto has a S mode...

Stick with the Vauto... the ASV is only indicated if you've got a lot of centrals.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.