AirFit F30 sizing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
weroberts75

AirFit F30 sizing

Post by weroberts75 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:49 am

I finally ordered an Airfit F30 and received the medium version on Monday.
However, it did not fit my face correctly, so I emailed the supplier that I ordered it from and she sent me a small cushion, which I received yesterday.
I'm happy to report that it fit me perfectly. I slept well with it last night.

A few observations:

1.Without a template, I measured my nose at 37 mm at its widest point.
As others have noted, the small section on the fitting template is about 34 mm wide.
Since some have suggested ordering a medium if in doubt, I took that advice and it didn't work out.

2.The holes on the medium are not only wider, but they are also longer and they are set slightly farther from the face.
This means that if I put the cushion to my face where it is naturally most comfortable, part of the plastic covers my nostrils and part of the holes are too close to the tip of my nose.
Although the nostril holes in the small cushion are smaller, they actually fit directly under my nostrils so that more air goes through them.

3.The small cushion felt softer on my face. I was surprised and my first reaction was, "Did they not put firmer plastic at the sides of the nose like they did on the medium cushion?"
However, after looking at both cushions, I figured out that the small cushion just fit the contours of my face better.

4.The mask worked best when I used my index fingers to gently push apart the flaps around my nose (similar to putting on the Brevida nasal pillows), made sure the holes lined up with my nostrils,
and then adjusted the headgear so that the rest of the mask fit properly.

Bottom line: If you are between sizes and one doesn't fit, try the other.

Gaurhoth

Re: AirFit F30 sizing

Post by Gaurhoth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:35 pm

I've completed 2 nights with the F30. The DME fitted me with a Medium but it's not been sealing well at night unless I just crank it tight as I can tolerate. I keep leaking mostly from the bottom crease of the nose. I'm going to try a small although according to the sizing card, I should be a medium. If that doesn't improve the seal, I'll have to continue my search for a mask.

weroberts75

Re: AirFit F30 sizing

Post by weroberts75 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:59 am

Gaurhoth wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:35 pm
I've completed 2 nights with the F30. The DME fitted me with a Medium but it's not been sealing well at night unless I just crank it tight as I can tolerate. I keep leaking mostly from the bottom crease of the nose. I'm going to try a small although according to the sizing card, I should be a medium. If that doesn't improve the seal, I'll have to continue my search for a mask.
Good luck with it!
I'd recommend positioning the cushion on your nose the same way that you would position a nasal mask.
Don't even consider the mouth portion of the mask; it has so much flexibility that it should fit itself.

I noticed a little bit of pressure on each side of my nose for the first few nights that I wore the F30 (where the cushion is more rigid),
but it was not uncomfortable and now I don't even notice it when I put my mask on.